Can someone please answer some questions for me?

#1You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/15/2013 4:50:42 PM
Been asking on the PS3 board since RE was announced for it, but apparently, PS3 players have ADD and are incapable of reading your questions before answering with random things that have nothing to do with anything. So I'll ask you fine Nintendo gentlemen, if I may.

1. In original NG3, enemies could direction-cancel their grabs. If they started a grab and you dodged, they'd change the direction of their grabs (even while in mid-air, like the Spider Ninja cartwheel grabs) and still get you, making the whole dodge function broken. Was this fixed?

2. In original NG3, there was a HUGE delay between doing most actions and being able to input commands again. In some cases, a full second had to pass before Ryu could move again, leaving you wide open to grabs that would have been dodgeable in the last two games. Was this fixed, or at least the input delay shortened at all to anyone's knowledge?

3. In original NG3, enemies sometimes didn't react to being hit, and often didn't take damage either. Your attack would just clip through them and they'd hit you through your own weapon. And on the Trials, with certain enemies like Alexi and Alma, they did...something, whatever it is, that makes it near-impossible to actually hit them. Essentially the same as the issue I mentioned above, where attacks would just clip through them and not do anything - they wouldn't dodge, block, etc. Does that happen in RE?

4. I know the SoB mechanic was changed, and apparently it functions like a counter-attack now, but I can't get a straight answer as to whether it's just the regular old counter-attack that now SoBs, or if it's something totally different. Also, does SoB specifically delimb enemies, or can any normal attack delimb like in NG2?

Thanks, all!
#2HeroBigShadowPosted 2/15/2013 7:20:30 PM
The direction changing grabs from enemies:
Not quite sure if this happens. Haven't notice that irritating part of the AI even on MN. Perhaps that thick arm enemy still does it to some extent.

The delay between actions:
It is somewhat better, but still there. Noticeable when using the arrows on the ground, since the animation needs to go through all the way before the player can get control again. The important combat moves seems to function alright.

Enemies being stunned when hit:
The larger enemies and bosses sometimes do not get stun and will continue to attack. The normal ones all get stunned when hit.

About Steel on Bone:
The SB move is now a grab counter. Wait for the enemies arms to glow, which indicates that they are attempting a high damage grab. Press the heavy attack button before the grab lands and SB is activated. Recommended to dodge and then press the heavy attack button to activate SB.

Perhaps another player can provide additional info.

#3HeroBigShadowPosted 2/15/2013 7:46:44 PM
Also, does SoB specifically delimb enemies, or can any normal attack delimb like in NG2?

The SB for different weapons have a different animation. However all of them involve separating the enemies in half. This is a immediate knock out move. Similar to the OT.

Any attack can delimb, however the enemies in this game can take more damage before players can delimb them.
#4youngbroPosted 2/15/2013 11:10:04 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
Been asking on the PS3 board since RE was announced for it, but apparently, PS3 players have ADD and are incapable of reading your questions before answering with random things that have nothing to do with anything. So I'll ask you fine Nintendo gentlemen, if I may.

1. In original NG3, enemies could direction-cancel their grabs. If they started a grab and you dodged, they'd change the direction of their grabs (even while in mid-air, like the Spider Ninja cartwheel grabs) and still get you, making the whole dodge function broken. Was this fixed?

2. In original NG3, there was a HUGE delay between doing most actions and being able to input commands again. In some cases, a full second had to pass before Ryu could move again, leaving you wide open to grabs that would have been dodgeable in the last two games. Was this fixed, or at least the input delay shortened at all to anyone's knowledge?

3. In original NG3, enemies sometimes didn't react to being hit, and often didn't take damage either. Your attack would just clip through them and they'd hit you through your own weapon. And on the Trials, with certain enemies like Alexi and Alma, they did...something, whatever it is, that makes it near-impossible to actually hit them. Essentially the same as the issue I mentioned above, where attacks would just clip through them and not do anything - they wouldn't dodge, block, etc. Does that happen in RE?

4. I know the SoB mechanic was changed, and apparently it functions like a counter-attack now, but I can't get a straight answer as to whether it's just the regular old counter-attack that now SoBs, or if it's something totally different. Also, does SoB specifically delimb enemies, or can any normal attack delimb like in NG2?

Thanks, all!

1 = Auto-correct and No its not fixed, and it sucks i know.

2 = 1/2 fixed, theres still alot of unmoveable moments, but not as bad as the first game

3 = on trials online it still does that, and alma is still "i get hit when i feel like getting hit" unless its a garenteed hit move like ninpo

4 = you can delimb with any move but its random. Like LLH could delimb and you do it again on the same enemy and it wont. and SOB is an insta-kill no delimb just straight death
---
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN XBL WiiU - TheSchwarr
#5You_Need_A_Life(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:17:40 PM
Sounds good...well, aside from the homing-grabs. That's probably my second biggest complaint about NG3, after, of course, Ryu having whatever nerve damage he now has that prevents him from moving...actually, on closer inspection, it seems he's just as agile as he is in NG1 & 2 until you actually need him to move. It's like they programmed in something that detects whether dodging will prevent you from taking damage or not, if it would, then movement is disabled just to screw with you.

I guess RE is still based on NG3's engine, so the problems wouldn't be totally rectified, just made slightly less annoying...though I'll probably find myself missing the original SoB mechanics. They work wonders once you figure them out, but whatever. I'll probably keep NG3 after I get RE anyway - no sense trading it in for the $5 or whatever cheap change it's worth.

Anyway, yeah, thanks guys. Much appreciated!
#6BurningFlareXPosted 2/16/2013 1:17:51 AM
I don't know if this helps, but with SoB being a grab counter, I'm pretty sure you can make enemies pay for spamming grabs. The Gorilla clone thingies take a little long to use their grab, so it can't be too hard to SoB them, but they also are the biggest example to auto correct.
---
<Insert random pointless signature here>
#7xstratusfearxPosted 2/16/2013 9:15:35 PM
How would the PS3 board know? We don't have the game yet.
#8RebornLSPosted 2/18/2013 12:14:28 AM
xstratusfearx posted...
How would the PS3 board know? We don't have the game yet.

Some PS3 people also have a WIIU.

Actually, I own NG3 for both 360 and PS3. How sad is that?