First impression: alwready bored...should I continue ?

#1SenSxPosted 5/9/2014 8:15:55 AM
Hi,

I beated the first spider boss, the first valor test, and I am now in the building with the hostages.
I did not even finished the first level, I just bought the game, but I am alwready bored of it.

I definitly see the problem with the gameplay, it seems to have lost all the technic of the NG serie, I just spam my attacks like an idiot and dodge randomly...
Ennemies always blocking are boring, in the other NG they were blocking too, but you had heavy hits that could armor break, to then land a damaging combo.
In this NG RE, you just spam your attacks on the blocking ennemies, that randomly pull of their gards...

There seem to be very few combos, and I don't know, they really looked all the same, contrary to the previous NG...
I don't even find it cool to watch, and the gore is nice but it tried to fool you...it does not prevent me from seeing all the flaws, so early in the game...

Should I continue the game ?

I loved NGS1 and NGS2, but I have the bad feeling to have wasted my money on this title...
#2gumxPosted 5/9/2014 9:05:39 AM(edited)
SenSx posted...
Hi,

I beated the first spider boss, the first valor test, and I am now in the building with the hostages.
I did not even finished the first level, I just bought the game, but I am alwready bored of it.

I definitly see the problem with the gameplay, it seems to have lost all the technic of the NG serie, I just spam my attacks like an idiot and dodge randomly...
Ennemies always blocking are boring, in the other NG they were blocking too, but you had heavy hits that could armor break, to then land a damaging combo.
In this NG RE, you just spam your attacks on the blocking ennemies, that randomly pull of their gards...

There seem to be very few combos, and I don't know, they really looked all the same, contrary to the previous NG...
I don't even find it cool to watch, and the gore is nice but it tried to fool you...it does not prevent me from seeing all the flaws, so early in the game...

Should I continue the game ?

I loved NGS1 and NGS2, but I have the bad feeling to have wasted my money on this title...

sorry to hear that. but u should know that the "X" moves are the heavy hits to break guard. u need karma to buy the sword to a higher skill lvl that will give u more moves. it basically adds one more to the combo of each move. like with lvl 2 sword with ryu u gain YXYYYX aka izuna drop. YYXX. YYXXX. YYYYXYYYX. remember u can hold X down for a split second n to unleash a different move.

I like the game but thats because its my first NG. but true with little moves it turns into a spam fest. or u should invest ur time in online modes. like ninja trials team up with a friend or do it solo n beat waves of enemies. or clan battle team up with up to 3 other players n fight 4 others 8 all together.

i think u should continue two reasons. one to get ur moneys worth out of this game. I done that already and beyond lol. two once u get more moves n all the weapons n ninpo it gets more fun. at least for me...
#3SenSx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 8:14:48 AM
Ok thx for the answer.

I finished the first level, but still restarted the game from scratch because I gave up the first test of valor...and I still wanted it in the end, and I wanted to practice again on the first stage.

I was a little harsh on my first impressions, but the game feels really different from the odler NG, it gives a different feeling, and i think i need to adapt myself to it before giving a final opinion on it.
I still might be disapointed in the end.

I love hard challenge, but NOT cheap difficulty, I hope the game is not too cheap.

I know most people prefer NG2 over NGS2, but on my side I prefer NGS2 that feels less cheap and got rid of horrible gameplay elements (projectile spam, manual bow aim, horrible double dragon boss, boring worm cave level).
I am currentlu on my mentor run on NGS2, I kind of find it too easy for a Ninja Gaiden game though, I hope MM gets way harder.
Plus the new shop mechanic is kind of cheap as well, you always have healing items on you.

After I'm finished with NGS2, I'll go back on NG3: Razor Edge.

I though I was going to play it straight away, but my first impressions were not that good, so i first finish what I have to on NGS2...Which is a bad sign...

The camera in NG3: RE is farther than it was on the previous NG game.
I admit it gives a beter visibility about what is happening, but I miss the spectacular view the old camera gave to the NG games, I got used to it.

The moves in NG3: RE seem faster than before, but I don't have the time to appreciate them as much as I did in NGS2, that is why I foudn the combos all look the same, I don't have the time to see the difference between them.

I played a bit with the katana, and I began to like the game more with it.
Before that I was using the Falcon Talon, that seemed to suck a bit :(...
I hope I am wrong because it was my favorite weapon in NGS2.
#4gumxPosted 5/10/2014 8:52:51 AM
ok. this game is a bit cheap because there are glitches lots of them but team ninja don't want to fix them they only work on PS360 versions and leave wiiU the first import in the shadows... the boss fights are pretty cheap that what ppl say. but, i can't tell since i played this game so long that the boss fights are easy for me. I personally played story mode on hero mode the easist difficulty and stayed like that. but the ninja trials bosses are easy for me now. since they are in the older NG games. i read that zed was the hardest ever but in NG hes a joke.

But, yeah it'll take some time to like this game. once u get the flow u don't want to put the controller down like me lol.
#5SenSx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 12:19:28 PM
Thx buffy I'll give the game a chance then.

But is the falcon talon worthy in this game ?
I hope I can beat msot of the ennemies with it, since it was my favorite weapon in NG2S, but it felt really weak in this NG3: RE, in normal mode.
Katana seemed to deal more damage, to be very fast, maybe not faster than talon but still pretty decent, it has more range, and katana also seems to delimb faster...
What is the advantage you have with the talon over the katana ?

I hope i am wrong with this bad feeling I had with the talon...

btw I am on the PS3 version, I still post on every console forum to get more answers and advices lol
#6gumxPosted 5/10/2014 1:20:37 PM
well since this is my first NG game i can't really compare to previous. but, i can tell u how the falcon talons are. they are good @ a higher level they kill a single target fast. it hits faster than the sword for Y moves. so its weaker and faster than the sword. u might have problems with talons during boss fights though.
SPOILERS
because in this game u gotta wait for the right time to attack and or counter the bosses attack while dodging like crazy.