From what I've seen so far, a Sniper build with Shotguns as secondary destroys..

#1MaDHatPosted 3/22/2013 2:29:18 PM
I have seen a lot of people using assault rifles and such, and killing enemies slowly. I find if I miss with my sniper rifle and they start rushing me, shotguns completely demolish them. Do you guys find assault rifles weak?
#2SoopaMan2KPosted 3/22/2013 2:31:53 PM(edited)
Depending on what you have and how it's modded, but yeah, SG's are powerful.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#3PensatoPosted 3/22/2013 6:37:57 PM
That's how I play most shooters and it's always been the case.
#4PhilOnDezPosted 3/22/2013 9:16:51 PM
I've got a feeling LMGs with sub 1.0 bloom are going to be the highest dps weapons in the game. I can unload a full clip at range without missing a shot, 400+ damage a shot with an 80 round clip and an instant reload from my EGO power. The best sniper I've gotten does 1200ish damage a shot with a .7 fire rate or 600ish with a 2.1 fr. I haven't tried them in combat yet though, for long drawn out fights like Arkfalls I have to make 3+ trips to ammo crates. Depending on how much ammo the snipers carry they may be more efficient, what ammo type do they use?
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5xXGienXxPosted 3/23/2013 2:38:03 PM
Ive done 3K plus on the elite hellion sub bosses with an orange sniper, manual reload. Thats usually flat ground too which doesnt take the heigh advantage into effect. With the cloak, height advantage and crouch bonus hitting crits does a hell of a lotta damage with sniper. . Backup i usually just run a purp VBI assault rifle or purp FRC SAW which is BEASTLY.

Do you use a pump or auto shotty? I dont really like the pump though i have one good one sitting in my inventory.
#6MaDHat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:45:40 PM
Normally a pump with a high mag size. I find they have better burst damage which is what I need if I am about to get swarmed.
#7SetzeraPosted 3/23/2013 2:52:15 PM
Currently I have a Deadbolt Sniper (from really early in the game, no mods), and a VBI Pump Shotgun of which I can't remember the name, but it has burst fire and fire element. It's rare that I can't handle my own, and even took down a crystal destroy arkfall all by myself (though it took 18 minutes).

I have an Infector SMG and a Volton LMG in my backpack, but in most cases they haven't been very useful. Only one exception to that, is the infector seems to work ridiculously well against Mutant Grenaders (the big pale dudes) and some of the tougher enemies where my Sniper/Shotty combo isn't as good for some reason.

Overall, I have to agree with TC, the best combo I've found for this game so far is Sniper/Shotty.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600mhz Kingston DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | Happy Gamer Reporting In |