Which retailer has the best exclusive pre-order weapon?

#11L0ZPosted 3/31/2013 3:47:04 PM
Amazon. They also credit your account 20$ that can only be used on the tv series season 1
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#12dontneedanamePosted 3/31/2013 3:49:33 PM
darkhare posted...
dontneedaname posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

gamestop is where im actually buying the game from cause they gave me a damn good discount cause i traded 5games in when i pre-ordered this game, the guy told me that the codes are given when you pick up the game.

Not the SporeShot, they already gave me and others here the code as well.
#13darkharePosted 3/31/2013 3:51:34 PM
UrbanMessiah posted...
Amazon, Best Buy or Gamestop? And if anyone else like Toys R Us or Walmart has a pre-order bonus, feel free to mention those.

its a matter of preference i suppose, i already have the spore shot but im wanting the voltire. i dont care much about the sniper rifle cause those are easy to get in game.

---
I keep GameFaq in my pocket
#14Xero_StarrePosted 3/31/2013 4:39:01 PM
ghstbstr posted...
darkhare posted...
ghstbstr posted...
Amazon:
- Plague Bringer
A sniper rifle. I can't find any other infor about it.

Best Buy:
- Magforce BMG
A Votan weapon with a tachmag siphon system that enables you to tap the power of enemy hordes for your own benefit

GameStop:
-Sporeshot
A personal bio-warfare weapons. Utilizing a VBI designed viral loading chamber, the Sporeshot will inject your enemy with experimental flesh eating bio-organisms. Fire and feast with the Sporeshot.

Walmart:
- Volter
Like a punch of lightning, the Volter shotgun can knock the life out the biggest beast in the frontier. With Votan-made shock dampeners and tachmag coils, the Volter delivers the shock and awe needed by all ark hunters.

any idea if the codes are on the reciepe or in the game?

- Amazon will of course email it the codes to you since they are an online company.

- Best Buy is either on the preorder card or they email it to you. I have had codes given to me both ways from them, but for this game I don't know.

- Gamestop will give you the code on the receipt when you get the game on release day, not at the time of preorder. This is always the way it is with Gamestop.

- Walmart is only the preorder card and they will take the cards off the shelf the sunday before the game is released. I know that it is on the preorder card for this game because I work at a Walmart and I preordered there as well. Normally for other games when you get a game at Walmart you don't have to preorder to get the preorder bonus because it is in the game case for the first shipment that comes in.

Actually, the pre-order code is in the game case. I know, i work on the electronics department of Walmart. All new game from Walmart that are still first copies will have the pre-order code in it. The code on the pre-order card is for Vudu.
---
GT: ECS Daemon
#15ghstbstrPosted 3/31/2013 6:10:57 PM
Xero_Starre posted...
ghstbstr posted...
darkhare posted...
ghstbstr posted...
Amazon:
- Plague Bringer
A sniper rifle. I can't find any other infor about it.

Best Buy:
- Magforce BMG
A Votan weapon with a tachmag siphon system that enables you to tap the power of enemy hordes for your own benefit

GameStop:
-Sporeshot
A personal bio-warfare weapons. Utilizing a VBI designed viral loading chamber, the Sporeshot will inject your enemy with experimental flesh eating bio-organisms. Fire and feast with the Sporeshot.

Walmart:
- Volter
Like a punch of lightning, the Volter shotgun can knock the life out the biggest beast in the frontier. With Votan-made shock dampeners and tachmag coils, the Volter delivers the shock and awe needed by all ark hunters.

any idea if the codes are on the reciepe or in the game?

- Amazon will of course email it the codes to you since they are an online company.

- Best Buy is either on the preorder card or they email it to you. I have had codes given to me both ways from them, but for this game I don't know.

- Gamestop will give you the code on the receipt when you get the game on release day, not at the time of preorder. This is always the way it is with Gamestop.

- Walmart is only the preorder card and they will take the cards off the shelf the sunday before the game is released. I know that it is on the preorder card for this game because I work at a Walmart and I preordered there as well. Normally for other games when you get a game at Walmart you don't have to preorder to get the preorder bonus because it is in the game case for the first shipment that comes in.

Actually, the pre-order code is in the game case. I know, i work on the electronics department of Walmart. All new game from Walmart that are still first copies will have the pre-order code in it. The code on the pre-order card is for Vudu.

Actually you are wrong, as I work at Walmart to. The car and armor might be in the case as with most preorder stuff that Walmart gets, but the Volter shotgun is only available with the preorder card this time.
Just look at the back/front of the card and read it. On the top right under the $5 deposit it says "Exclusive Vudu $4.99 movie credits!! Plus exclusive game item only at Walmart.", and on the back it tells you to "How to redeem your Defiance game items" and then it tells where to go and where to input it and the code for it is right below it under a scratch off are that says "Defiance bonus code".
Then if you have the game already like we do, go to the cage in your receiving area and look at the back/front of the game case there is nothing saying on the game case that there is anything included of a bonus of any sort.
---
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!
#16Xero_StarrePosted 3/31/2013 8:15:15 PM
You're right, most of the time the pre-order bonuses are in the game cases, but it seems Defiance may be one of the first pre-orders where we do it diferently. Here's hoping.
---
GT: ECS Daemon
#17judge doomPosted 3/31/2013 8:41:30 PM
so could i spend $5 to preorder the game from walmart and use the code without actually buying the full game there?
#18ghstbstrPosted 3/31/2013 11:23:22 PM
judge doom posted...
so could i spend $5 to preorder the game from walmart and use the code without actually buying the full game there?

Yes you could, but that is if they didn't take away the preorder cards.
The Walmart I work at we are told to take the preorder cards off the shelves on the sunday before the game releases and claims sends them back. Usually, but not always and this time I am not sure as I was off today.
---
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!