Lack of publicity or did the beta not do well?

#1abbeldydooPosted 3/31/2013 12:06:33 AM
Game is not even breaking the top ten here at Gamefaqs now but was pushed up during the beta.I missed out on the beta and was curious if it just was not that good.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2SterlingFoxPosted 3/31/2013 12:08:27 AM
It might be in the top ten for the first day after its released, but it'll go down quickly. This isn't going to be a massively popular game.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#3abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:11:18 AM
SterlingFox posted...
It might be in the top ten for the first day after its released, but it'll go down quickly. This isn't going to be a massively popular game.

Is it because MMos just don't do well on consoles or is it due to a lack of quality in the game?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#4SterlingFoxPosted 3/31/2013 12:14:38 AM
Its because its a low-budget, low-profile game produced by a small, unheard of game developer for a minority player base.
---
Underwater Spartans:
#5i2HoldWithFirePosted 3/31/2013 12:34:12 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Its because its a low-budget, low-profile game produced by a small, unheard of game developer for a minority player base.

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't know a thing of defiance or trion worlds. It simply not being on the top ten on GF doesn't imply a single one of those things. The game has been advertised extensively and being linked to a tv series is far from low profile. Trion is far from unheard of, albeit small. And the budget has been quoted near 50 million(defiance wiki)
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#6i2HoldWithFirePosted 3/31/2013 12:40:14 AM
Whoops, more like 150 million....
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#7smurfsn1p3rPosted 3/31/2013 12:43:47 AM
i2HoldWithFire posted...

That is like 1million per employee. Hope they see a steady return on this investment.
---
I am at 60% neg feedback just from Halo alone. I think of it as a badge of honor, for doing my part to p*ss off kids ages 9-16
#8i2HoldWithFirePosted 3/31/2013 12:47:20 AM
smurfsn1p3r posted...
i2HoldWithFire posted...

That is like 1million per employee. Hope they see a steady return on this investment.

As does the whole company I bet, but those numbers aren't that unheard of. The shows season one alone is estimated to be around 40, no I didn't include that with the 150, but I imagine syfy will pick up the bill on that
---
#9i2HoldWithFirePosted 3/31/2013 12:52:38 AM
Dang, I hate the taste of foot... After double checking myself the 40 IS part of the 150. So all in all it would seem to still have quite the bankroll behind it
---
#10SterlingFoxPosted 3/31/2013 1:14:08 AM(edited)
i2HoldWithFire posted...
SterlingFox posted...

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't know a thing of defiance or trion worlds. It simply not being on the top ten on GF doesn't imply a single one of those things. The game has been advertised extensively and being linked to a tv series is far from low profile. Trion is far from unheard of, albeit small. And the budget has been quoted near 50 million(defiance wiki)

Spoken like someone who is blinded by worthless knowledge of Defiance and Trion world. Nobody said it not being in the top ten on Gamefaqs implied anything I said, only you assumed that. The game hasn't been advertised extensively, which is why most people haven't heard of it and a lot of people come to this (and the official) forum asking "What is this game?" and saying "I had never heard of this game before". DERP
Trion has an average track-record, and is mostly unheard of. RIFT isn't an exceptionally popular game, just an average one, and as such did not bring the company much fame at all.

I'm curious where you see this $150,000,000 number. Would you mind posting your source?
---
Underwater Spartans: