Defiance servers are down. Great start Trion.

#101SSBoKanteiPosted 4/2/2013 1:55:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but a Psychologist can only observe a patient, and prescribe medication if needed after observation?

And a Psychiatrist would be the person to talk to about his so said problem (if he actually needed one), get 1 on 1 help, and they can also prescribe medication as needed.

I'm didn't take his post as trying to impose anything though O.o He had a valid opinion and a consumers insight about the current state of affairs on releasing what should be considered "Gold mode" on games today. Most games seem to be released in what any company with respect for themselves would consider Beta or Alpha.

I really don't think he was even taking a jab at specific poster, more or less a common phrase he keeps hearing and grinds his gears.
#102koutsu88Posted 4/2/2013 2:01:59 PM
he said i made an excuse when i made an error and tried to fix it
and told me to "go back to school"

if thats not self ego boosting by demeaning others i don't know what is.

he acted condescending and rude while doing it.

and to top it off he does this on the internet.
---
"there is no use lecturing pigs" kazuya shibuya. (ghost hunt)[GT:koutsu 88] [save timsplitter4] [Dragonlord of TBWNN]
#103ILikesCheesePosted 4/2/2013 2:03:13 PM
SSBoKantei posted...
To Cheese.

I agree with just about everything you said about gamers accepting bad products that don't work right. Terraria is actually a great example of that right now.

It simply is a buggy game as it stands. I'm happy to be playing it, although I wish the game wasn't riddled with bugs.

I find that Japanese devs (outside of the big wigs like Capcom and companies of that vein, who are here for money and not respect now.) are pretty much the only ones who release fully finished, not extremely buggy products anymore. Although they have their bugs also.

But....I still have to say, day 1 of a MMO, the first few hours. They can't really be blamed for that. it is, always a mess. The servers have a meltdown when that many people are connecting for the first time, at the same time. And Trion has a dedicated and great team of coders working it out right now, if they stick to what their standard is on fixing their games, they will have most of the mess cleaned up by Midnight tonight, or noon tomorrow morning.

I understand that logic and I believe you are correct in that the server problems will be quickly solved.

My chief problem - aside from that Ship it broke, Fix it with a Patch mentality for NON MMO games - is the too accepting attitude many players have when it comes to this issue. Some Betas actually test server load so the Day 1 launch of their games doesn't crash the system, and I don't see why makers of MMOs don't take more advantage of them and make their Betas OPEN.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#104ILikesCheesePosted 4/2/2013 2:05:24 PM
SSBoKantei posted...
Correct me if I am wrong, but a Psychologist can only observe a patient, and prescribe medication if needed after observation?

And a Psychiatrist would be the person to talk to about his so said problem (if he actually needed one), get 1 on 1 help, and they can also prescribe medication as needed.

Psychologists do not prescribe meds. They are the more talkie, therapist type ones. Psychiatrists like to poor on the drugs.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#105SSBoKanteiPosted 4/2/2013 2:05:40 PM
Ooooo on page 9, Missed all that. I'll mind my business then. I thought it was a rant to his page 10 post. Sorry ^_^.

Anyone know if I wrong and right about the difference between a Psychologist and Psyche tho?
#106ILikesCheesePosted 4/2/2013 2:10:42 PM(edited)
koutsu88 posted...
he said i made an excuse when i made an error and tried to fix it
and told me to "go back to school"

if thats not self ego boosting by demeaning others i don't know what is.

he acted condescending and rude while doing it.

and to top it off he does this on the internet.

I told you to go back to school because...LOOK at this latest post! Not to get a "Grammar Police" response, but seriously! That's a perfect example of illiterate writing and grammar skills on display there! And don't give me the "It's just a forum" response.

And this guys says he's 24!!! OMG!
---
#107Foreman22(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:09:28 PM
I follow the Mass Effect 3 boards also foreman, if your calling him a joke. Please know your online persona is considered ignorant there also. I have actually even played a few games with you in the past, if we want to bring player skill into the equation. Trust me, my roommate remembers you too. We had a good laugh at your expense based on your game play decisions.

Hey kid specifics please. What is my GT? I am more than happy with my Mass Effect achievements. The only banner I do not have is the BOTB banner because there is just to much grinding involved. What did you laugh at? Sounds like trash talk to me. Sorry but if you are going to talk crap please back it up. Do not remember playing with you as I only remember playing with really good posters like Sgt. Tethas and Red Eileen. Remember that last name and look it up. I played several games with him and more than held my own.
#108YamatoBeatsPosted 4/2/2013 2:11:51 PM
No one cared for your terrible opinions on the ME3 boards and it's going to be the same way here, old man. Your thoughts are disillusioned and your arguments of "I'm old. I know what gaming is." are played out. You should do yourself and the rest of the Defiance community a service and not play this game anymore.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#109Foreman22(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:17:22 PM
YamatoBeats at least you could not deny my prior statements concerning you and Mass Effect 3. LOL!
#110SSBoKanteiPosted 4/2/2013 2:22:15 PM
Might take me a bit to dig up an old post where you provided your gamer tag ^_^!

I only remember reading the post, months ago when I was "seriously playing mass effect", and saying to myself and roommate "Ohh crap Foreman is that guy!".

And yes we could get into it man, but I don't want to! I don't want to talk trash on you >_<. Simply for you to stop abusing the people around you, so maybe you can play with more people.

Funny how that is the one part you pick out of the whole thing to retort.

But if you humbly ask me again to embarrass you....I can....

You should be happy with what ever you did in Mass Effect 3, it was a fun game to play for a easy horde mode.

Specifics? You were abusive, and going against the team's plan. Having to be revived more often than anyone else on the team(Granted we were an Salarian Engineer and a Geth Engineer, so it's not your fault you died more than us persay), constantly getting caught outside of the actively communicating teams plan, and finally, rage quitting, or maybe, just maybe getting DC'd, but what seemed to be rage quitting in the first few weeks of Plat mode.

Acting like you were better than us with inferior equipment and non-serious consumables for Platinum mode. Enough to make my roommate and I laugh about "that guy" after the match. Nothing serious except a slight conversation of, why do people have to go against the plan, then act like it was your fault when they won't play ball.

Seriously, do we have to keep this going, and about Mass Effect in every topic?