Defiance servers are down. Great start Trion.

#51sirgreendayPosted 4/2/2013 9:01:21 AM
blunted2k5 posted...
Foreman clearly doesn't appreciate the work and dedication that goes into making and managing a MMO.

Or he's just a troll.

Or unlike you, he's sick of devs taking our $$ and not delivering the promised service. This idiot company did a beta 1 week before launch. Real smart. What did they expect to be able to test, fix and restest and reflix in less than 1 week?

Its fanboys like you that give game companies a pass that emboldens them to push out crap.

Bottom line. If someone pays for a service, that service HAS to work when delivered.
---
GT: Sir Green Day
#52ILikesCheesePosted 4/2/2013 9:07:06 AM
koutsu88 posted...
tc says he has been around since pong

pong was released in 1940

Stay in school. Learn to read. And study dates a little better. PONG was created in 1972 genius.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#53koutsu88Posted 4/2/2013 9:10:58 AM
re-read my post and get off your high horse

i got that date from an article that was messed with.

fyi i'm 24 you condescending twit

also they don't teach video game history in "school"
---
"there is no use lecturing pigs" kazuya shibuya. (ghost hunt)[GT:koutsu 88] [save timsplitter4] [Dragonlord of TBWNN]
#54bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/2/2013 9:11:41 AM
sirgreenday posted...
blunted2k5 posted...
Foreman clearly doesn't appreciate the work and dedication that goes into making and managing a MMO.

Or he's just a troll.

Or unlike you, he's sick of devs taking our $$ and not delivering the promised service. This idiot company did a beta 1 week before launch. Real smart. What did they expect to be able to test, fix and restest and reflix in less than 1 week?

Its fanboys like you that give game companies a pass that emboldens them to push out crap.

Bottom line. If someone pays for a service, that service HAS to work when delivered.

First of all the beta was a 4 month old build. MOST of the problems in the beta were already fixed before it was even released. I don't understand why people freakout when servers go down for maintenance. It happens a lot on mmo's when they are first released. Now if the servers were down for most of the next two weeks then I would be worried, but its only the first day so how about everybody just calm down, be patient and wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#55dunscotusPosted 4/2/2013 9:14:13 AM
blunted2k5 posted...

Or he's just a troll.

Foreman is telling it like it is.

Using the product requires reliable servers.

If the servers are down, then the consumers cannot use the product that they just bought at a time when they are most excited to play.

So, if the servers are down, it makes total sense to just wait and buy the game after the servers reach a level of reliability where the buyers can play regularly - without fear of having a useless disc that they just spent $60 for.

That's not too much to ask - although apologists seem to make it easier and easier for these companies to throw unfinished games at us. After all, they know that there are people who will buy anything - no matter what the problems are.

Sure, making a game is hard. But that doesn't mean that I'm buying a product that I can't play.

Also, the word "troll" is worthless and means nothing these days. It's like calling someone "dumb."
#56pootertooterPosted 4/2/2013 9:16:14 AM
Foreman22 posted...
And sheep keep posting. They do tend to stick together don't they?

Ugh. Doesn't it ever get tiring to call people "sheep"? You would think if you had so much wisdom and knowledge that it would be beneficial for you to, instead of label, be productive and enlighten us common, simple-minded folk.

The only thing that makes your comment funnier, is you're complaining about not being able to play a game, whereas a core mechanic involves player characters to 'flock' together and work toward a common goal. One could even argue that we're being 'herded' around by the developer, mission after mission, performing intrinsically useless tasks all in the name of distraction.

Certainly one of your illustrious and enlightened background would take no part in such an activity.
#57Android21APosted 4/2/2013 9:18:44 AM
Foreman22 posted...
Perhaps but not this many issues at one time. If you are not ready do not put the game out.

Says the guy with no video game development experience whatsoever.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No
#58FusionCPosted 4/2/2013 9:24:55 AM
Never...in the history of MMOs have the launch been flawless....calm down
---
For the Horde!!!!
#59CyhortI82Posted 4/2/2013 9:28:22 AM
First MMO launch?
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#60blunted2k5Posted 4/2/2013 9:30:34 AM
sirgreenday posted...
blunted2k5 posted...

Or he's just a troll.

"Unlike you", and "it's fanboys like you". Hmmm. Calm down friend.

And what exactly makes me a fanboy? Is it because I'm logical and understand that not everything comes out shiny and perfect. I too would be upset if I bought a game and it had problems right out of the box. But like any fair-minded human being, I would give them a chance to rectify their problem.

You know, I find all of this amusing. People act like they're ENTITLED to everything. And when something isn't quite what they expect, they feel they're obligated to steam roll mother f***erz.

And of course, anyone who disagree's with them is a "sheep" blindly supporting the devilish company. That's funny because I think I can argue THAT WE'RE ALL SHEEP. While we're on Gamefaqs bantering about something that has NO importance to our reality, the rest of the world is gearing up for World War III. So enjoy your video games while the rest of the world prepares for the death and suffering that's about to take place thanks to our NWO, globalist overlords.

Pajama people are my fuel.