Is there a faster way to switch loadouts?

#1sethgzPosted 4/3/2013 6:36:54 PM
I have a loadout for close range combat and one for long range but that's almost pointless since I have to press start and then Y while I'm getting shot at to switch. Is there a faster way?

Totally unrelated but somehow I'm playing on a server right now with only like two other people. It's kind of awesome because there is absolutely no lag.
---
Gamertag: Alpha Equinox
"The surest sign of immaturity is the never ending desire to appear mature." - Dude_bag
#2Dynamic1021Posted 4/3/2013 6:39:32 PM
i havnet found a quicker way. but i mix my load out with one ranged and one close.
---
GT: GMFB xDYNAMICx
#3tzar_666Posted 4/3/2013 6:42:13 PM
sethgz posted...
I have a loadout for close range combat and one for long range but that's almost pointless since I have to press start and then Y while I'm getting shot at to switch. Is there a faster way?

Totally unrelated but somehow I'm playing on a server right now with only like two other people. It's kind of awesome because there is absolutely no lag.

ya i didn't see anyone for half an hour. then the server went offline
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#4EphalionPosted 4/3/2013 6:48:16 PM
It registers the change (at least for 2 loadouts) if you just press start, press y and press start again even if the menu doesn't fully come up. Unless you are fighting something with explosive spam, you should be safe.

On another note, they probably did this to force people to work together instead of having one man armies who are jack of all trades.
---
XBL- Low Fat Diet
PSN- Low_Fat_Diet
#5tzar_666Posted 4/3/2013 7:02:51 PM
Ephalion posted...
It registers the change (at least for 2 loadouts) if you just press start, press y and press start again even if the menu doesn't fully come up. Unless you are fighting something with explosive spam, you should be safe.

On another note, they probably did this to force people to work together instead of having one man armies who are jack of all trades.

those big blue guys one hit me throuhg 1200 shield. lucky i found a fire grenade and a purple goo shooting shotgun
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#6Justice_GalladePosted 4/3/2013 7:09:40 PM
None that I know of, but I like to have my loadouts equipped for Med/Long and Close Combat. I switch loadouts for ammo purposes during Arkfalls and heavy firefights.
#7BonedracomagusPosted 4/3/2013 7:26:32 PM
Justice_Gallade posted...
None that I know of, but I like to have my loadouts equipped for Med/Long and Close Combat. I switch loadouts for ammo purposes during Arkfalls and heavy firefights.

Same here. Those Arkfall fights are a pain without ammo. I used to just run around in circles looking for ammo before I set my second load out with different ammo types.
---
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.