So what happens to this game once servers are down permanently?

#1Nate_DihldorffPosted 4/4/2013 11:21:16 AM
Do they patch-in single player mode?
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#2GentlemenBlackPosted 4/4/2013 11:24:32 AM
The devs provide a date and time and we burn everything to the ground the night before.
---
Didn't you know? Apparently if your series of irrelevant numbers are higher, you win the internets
#3darkharePosted 4/4/2013 11:26:49 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

its a mmo, you cant really be this dense..your just trolling right?

---
I keep GameFaq in my pocket
#4ghstbstrPosted 4/4/2013 11:27:35 AM
Read my sig below...
---
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!
#5Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 11:35:05 AM
darkhare posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

The game can be played solo and some previous MMOs who have had their servers shut down permanently were patched to allow single-player.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#6ghstbstrPosted 4/4/2013 11:36:38 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
darkhare posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

The game can be played solo and some previous MMOs who have had their servers shut down permanently were patched to allow single-player.

Can you name any, because I can't think of any.
---
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!
#7bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/4/2013 11:37:09 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

I've never heard of such a thing.

Which games did this?
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#8Leon_S_KennedyPosted 4/4/2013 11:45:46 AM
this is why i never really play mmo once it shuts down or the 360 servers shut down you lose a game that you spent money on for the game or the dlc. I hope they do patch it for single player i kean sure the world would become emptier but hey atleast i still got acess to the game whenever.
#9SSBoKanteiPosted 4/4/2013 11:50:00 AM
Wait, you lose the money when you buy the game Leon. Not when the servers go down lol.

This happens far beyond MMO's.

When I eat a sandwich, I don't see it as I lost the money when I crap it out a day later. I thank it for sustaining my being for a few hours.

Games are the same way, if it is your hobby, just because the game devs dropped support for it, doesn't mean you lost the good times you had playing it O.o

If you intend to play this beyond when the Devs support it, you made a mistake in buying in for 360. PC should of been the choice because you can connect to other people out side of the original Dev running their own servers.
#10Leon_S_KennedyPosted 4/4/2013 11:52:54 AM
Do i lose money on games im not playing at the moment? When the servers go down i play another game and come back to defiance because i know its there when i go back to it just like a game im not currently playing but when servers go down you lose everything for good.