Rare weapons ?

#1NGyaiibaPosted 4/5/2013 1:12:09 AM
So is orange the rarest in this game? Kinda like in borderlands. Also do the really rare weapons do crazy bats*** things like the rare weapons in borderlands?
#2MisterCJSirPosted 4/5/2013 1:13:58 AM
I don't know but I'm really tempted to gamble two bucks away for an orange sniper. From the sounds of it orange weps are top tier and decisively better, similar to borderlands. Not so sure about special effects.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3954 7651 4711
Black 2 FC: 2709 9503 7211
#3kniferunnerPosted 4/5/2013 1:27:44 AM
In borderlands and dead island orange guns werent always the best guns, just the most rare. the best weapons are orange, but not all oranges were better then the others, i normally kept purple pieces over orange ones, unless they were the special ones.

I havent touched a orange peice in this game, but i have a couple purples. one is a shotgun which at first, looking at power seemed useless. but it holds 25 shells, reloads through clips quickly and shoots like a machine gun. So in the end it was way better then my other shotguns.
#4Evel138Posted 4/5/2013 2:05:58 AM
This game follows the MMO standard:

White: common
Green: uncommon
Blue: rare
Purple: epic
Orange: legendary or unique

Now those are just general terms, but the color code and progression in quality remains the same. Its really become the standard in any game that has a loot hunt component, including Borderlands and games such as Dead Island.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#5Xero_StarrePosted 4/5/2013 2:19:12 AM
I want to say Defiance doesn't follow the MMO tradition. The reason I say this is because I've only encountered white blue orange and purple. Of those four, in order of selling for the least to most, it seems to go white, orange, blue, and purple. It's my understanding that the higher rarity items sell for more with vendors, but orange items sell for around 200 Scrip depending on weapon level and mods attached.
---
GT: ECS Daemon
#6Evel138Posted 4/5/2013 2:24:43 AM
Xero_Starre posted...
I want to say Defiance doesn't follow the MMO tradition. The reason I say this is because I've only encountered white blue orange and purple. Of those four, in order of selling for the least to most, it seems to go white, orange, blue, and purple. It's my understanding that the higher rarity items sell for more with vendors, but orange items sell for around 200 Scrip depending on weapon level and mods attached.

That may be true for sell prices (though curious), but all you have to do is look at the actual stats of the weapon to see this games follows exactly the traditional formula.

I wouldn't see a point in doing otherwise if you're using Orange-White tbqh. All you'd do is confuse long time MMO players....if it was going some other route, why not use yellow, red, grey and pink?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#7NGyaiiba(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:14:54 AM
So do Orange weapons shoot all bats*** crazy? I heard that they just have good modifiers or something of that sort, but is there more to it beyond that?
#8SykostuffPosted 4/5/2013 9:18:20 AM
It is mostly a stat thing, but there are some with aoe effects and the like.
---
10 out of 9 people agree that is 1 to many people...
#9Special-EddPosted 4/5/2013 9:20:20 AM
So far the strangest gun I found was a shotgun that shot slugs that stick to enemies and detonate. I don't think they get as crazy as some of the stuff in borderlands though.
---
Playing: Defiance, Gears of War: Judgement, Bioshock: Infinite
Anticipating: The Last of Us
#106speednissanPosted 4/5/2013 9:24:25 AM
I've used good orange shotguns, but I kept a purple shotgun that had perfect stats. Based on that alone I assumed purple was top tier, especially since I have a lot of orange stuff and one purple. I've also never seen a blue item yet, and the only greens I've seen were grenades and shields.