Reason to explore?

#1Mindwipe77Posted 4/5/2013 12:17:45 PM
I noticed the map is HUGE, but is there a reason to run around on foot searching for hidden treasures,collectibles,weapons on the map? Are there any secret areas or such?
---
Now playing-DCUO, Bioshock Infinite
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Injustice CE,PS4
#2TheKokopelliPosted 4/5/2013 12:21:05 PM
There be stuff out there. Maybe some money. I like money.
---
GT: kokopelli77
#3bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/5/2013 12:32:51 PM
There isn't much reason.

There are some pursuits (you can see the individual pursuits, as well as their rewards, in the EGO menu) that require you to discover certain areas, or to find hidden audio logs.

You can always just look up the location of the audio logs or the areas that you need to discover for the pursuit, if you decide you want to complete it.
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#4LilPipsPosted 4/5/2013 12:43:23 PM
Other than the pursuits and data recorders, there are still great reasons to explore.

There are hidden vendors (you can look up their loc if you need to), but more importantly there are the "white missions". I call them white missions because unlike arkfalls (red) and campaign/episode/side (yellow) missions, these give you a white banner across the top. They are completely random, like clearing out a hellbug nest, or freeing hostages, or investigating a wreck.

They are all over the place, and they are never in the same place twice (except for a few epic ones). They give great rewards and some of them will spawn the huge bosses for you to try and go 1v1 with, without the 50 or so players you'd normally have attacking them. They scale though so it is possible to 1v1 them.
#5bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/5/2013 12:57:27 PM
LilPips posted...
Other than the pursuits and data recorders, there are still great reasons to explore.

There are hidden vendors (you can look up their loc if you need to), but more importantly there are the "white missions". I call them white missions because unlike arkfalls (red) and campaign/episode/side (yellow) missions, these give you a white banner across the top. They are completely random, like clearing out a hellbug nest, or freeing hostages, or investigating a wreck.

They are all over the place, and they are never in the same place twice (except for a few epic ones). They give great rewards and some of them will spawn the huge bosses for you to try and go 1v1 with, without the 50 or so players you'd normally have attacking them. They scale though so it is possible to 1v1 them.

This is true.

When the OP said 'explore', I assume he meant lawn-mowing the map to discover everything possible. Which isn't really necessary.

The 'white missions' are extremely fun, though. I just drive around aimlessly and do the ones that I come across. They are also a good way to get exp, keys, and other loot. I can accumulate keys faster through 'white missions' than I can by doing Arkfalls.

And, yeah, you never know what you're going to get. A 'kill the hellbugs' mission might be killing 10 skitterlings and a warrior, or it might turn into a 10 minute battle against waves and waves of bugs that ends with a matriarch.
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#6squiggy9996999Posted 4/5/2013 1:01:31 PM
"There be stuff out there. Maybe some money. I like money."

i like money too, but not as much as "ow my balls".
#7k9rnmdPosted 4/5/2013 1:55:24 PM(edited)
bombsonyourmoms posted...
LilPips posted...

This is true.

When the OP said 'explore', I assume he meant lawn-mowing the map to discover everything possible. Which isn't really necessary.

The 'white missions' are extremely fun, though. I just drive around aimlessly and do the ones that I come across. They are also a good way to get exp, keys, and other loot. I can accumulate keys faster through 'white missions' than I can by doing Arkfalls.

And, yeah, you never know what you're going to get. A 'kill the hellbugs' mission might be killing 10 skitterlings and a warrior, or it might turn into a 10 minute battle against waves and waves of bugs that ends with a matriarch.

Both responses here are great explanations for the reason to explore.
---
Hey Mods why you so bias?
#8Foreman22Posted 4/5/2013 2:37:17 PM
^^^This is accurate. I had the most fun just exploring.
#9cjjohnstonPosted 4/5/2013 2:42:38 PM
I seriously spent all last night (after the patch and fixes) just driving around finding and doing random events around the map. Lots of fun.
#10TheKokopelliPosted 4/7/2013 8:12:11 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
"There be stuff out there. Maybe some money. I like money."

i like money too, but not as much as "ow my balls".

Lol. Starbucks is better though.
---
GT: kokopelli77