What is the best EGO power?

#11Mister_VanillaPosted 4/7/2013 2:51:51 PM
@Ohgood.

Short version...I think you may be right.

Longer Version: While I do think that straight out the gate, low level, Overcharge is a lot better, right after I typed my post I found a better shotty and really started playing with Blur.

Vanilla version isn't great, but MAN the potential is amazing. I think that once you unlock some surrounding perks( and yeah gunslinger does look beast) it will really shine.

Im slowly coming back to my ME Vanguard build...which makes me smile.
---
The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door.
#12Havoc49JPosted 4/7/2013 3:50:36 PM
OhGood posted...
What people don't realize is that Blur can last a good 25-30 seconds if you upgrade some of the surrounding perks, and you can reduce the recharge timeer by 12 seconds as well as take a perk that reduces your recharge with every kill. It's definitely the fastest recharging EGO skill if you take the right perks.

Could you elaborate on which perks your alluding to?
#13OhGoodPosted 4/7/2013 4:05:20 PM
Havoc49J posted...
OhGood posted...
What people don't realize is that Blur can last a good 25-30 seconds if you upgrade some of the surrounding perks, and you can reduce the recharge timeer by 12 seconds as well as take a perk that reduces your recharge with every kill. It's definitely the fastest recharging EGO skill if you take the right perks.

Sure, here is the build i'm using, i have a few additional perks i've unlocked but here are the important ones.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=46c-55c-56a-57a-58a-59a-60c-68a-78e-80c-85c-86a-87a-90a-96c-100c-&start=78

5 points into blur - 16 second duration

3 points into intimidation - +75% additional damage to staggered opponents (staggers happen frequently with shotguns)

3 points into energy leech - 3% ego recharge on kill (great when lots of skitterlings are around) Note: the description on the page is wrong, it says recharge 3% of your ego power on a kill in the game ego grid.

3 points into endurance runner - increases blur duration by 6 seconds

3 points into gunslinger - +12% crit multiplier (which i think is 75% starting, so this knocks it up to 87% additional damage. On top of the 75% you get from intimidation this perk is a must have.)

3 points into second wind - -12 seconds recharge time on blur

3 points into Killing spree - on a kill extend the duration of your power by 6% (again, with gunslinger and intimidation active you can keep blur going for a good while if you have enemies to kill)

You can take the perks that increase crit damage from around cloak as well if you want, most of them seem meh to me. But you can really deal some serious damage if all the right requirements are met to get those additional crit bonuses.

I put some points into preparedness as well because i use a pump action shotgun quite often. and its nice to have it reload when i have my secondary out. I'd suggest taking this if you use pump actions a lot.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#14deadpool223Posted 4/7/2013 4:05:37 PM
cloak is mine, but i always liked sneaking up on stuff
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#15LeftyMFRPosted 4/7/2013 4:38:14 PM
OhGood posted...
Havoc49J posted...
OhGood posted...

Sure, here is the build i'm using, i have a few additional perks i've unlocked but here are the important ones.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=46c-55c-56a-57a-58a-59a-60c-68a-78e-80c-85c-86a-87a-90a-96c-100c-&start=78

5 points into blur - 16 second duration

3 points into intimidation - +75% additional damage to staggered opponents (staggers happen frequently with shotguns)

3 points into energy leech - 3% ego recharge on kill (great when lots of skitterlings are around) Note: the description on the page is wrong, it says recharge 3% of your ego power on a kill in the game ego grid.

3 points into endurance runner - increases blur duration by 6 seconds

3 points into gunslinger - +12% crit multiplier (which i think is 75% starting, so this knocks it up to 87% additional damage. On top of the 75% you get from intimidation this perk is a must have.)

3 points into second wind - -12 seconds recharge time on blur

3 points into Killing spree - on a kill extend the duration of your power by 6% (again, with gunslinger and intimidation active you can keep blur going for a good while if you have enemies to kill)

You can take the perks that increase crit damage from around cloak as well if you want, most of them seem meh to me. But you can really deal some serious damage if all the right requirements are met to get those additional crit bonuses.

I put some points into preparedness as well because i use a pump action shotgun quite often. and its nice to have it reload when i have my secondary out. I'd suggest taking this if you use pump actions a lot.

The Intimidation perk reads that you deal more damage to enemies that are flinching, knocked back, or knocked down from other attacks. Does "other attacks" refer to attacks made by another player or different attacks coming from you? (i.e. melee then follow up with shotgun blast)
---
GT: Romneys Jeans
#16OhGoodPosted 4/7/2013 4:45:55 PM(edited)
it refers to attacks made by you. Now that you mention it the wording is a bit confusing, but i know from experience that if i melee a guy and stagger him, my follow up shot deals huge damage.

I'll have to check what the wording is in game, because the description for energy leech in on that page is completely different from the description in game. So the wording for intimidation might be a little clearer.
---
PSN - Ohgood
#17OhGoodPosted 4/7/2013 4:51:56 PM
Servers are down so i can't check. But i do notice myself doing a lot more damage when someone is staggered, so i just think the wording is a bit confusing
---
PSN - Ohgood
#18LeftyMFRPosted 4/7/2013 4:58:49 PM
Ahh I see. The in-game description for the intimidation perk says the same as the link you posted. I just wasn't sure what it was referring to in regards to other attacks. Thank you kindly for the clarification though.
---
GT: Romneys Jeans
#19tzar_666Posted 4/7/2013 6:41:15 PM
good list man. ill compare it to mine. blur saved my live many times
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#20chakramstrikePosted 4/7/2013 6:55:24 PM
Cloak,decoy, and overcharge are the three I cycle through she I play...lately its been decoy and overcharge with the huge brute mutatnts with the grenades and rocket launchers and gatling guns.
---
GTs: 360 - Chakramstrike; PS3 - yunalesca26