Endgame?

#21Ilikemyname420Posted 4/9/2013 3:06:01 PM
Max58201 posted...
iTz_SLammi posted...
typically the "endgame" in these types of games is where the game should start. Not just run around and complete pursuits for no reward?...

go back to playing wow kid not everything has to focus on the end game making the core game Crap

Every MMO has to worry about the end game or else in the end they will have no one playing it, thus defeating the whole purpose of an MMO.
#22iTz_SLammiPosted 4/9/2013 3:30:16 PM
Ilikemyname420 posted...
Max58201 posted...
iTz_SLammi posted...
typically the "endgame" in these types of games is where the game should start. Not just run around and complete pursuits for no reward?...

go back to playing wow kid not everything has to focus on the end game making the core game Crap

Every MMO has to worry about the end game or else in the end they will have no one playing it, thus defeating the whole purpose of an MMO.

good to know some people have sense on this board =)
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Steam: iTz_SLammi
#23Shy420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 3:36:55 PM
Max58201 posted...
iTz_SLammi posted...

That's not exactly fair. I think any MMO can easily make end game content without the core game suffering. It's as easy as making a co-op raid dungeon with rare creatures and even rarer special drops.

Granted it's not the best idea but it is something.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#24Ilikemyname420Posted 4/9/2013 6:15:07 PM
iTz_SLammi posted...
Ilikemyname420 posted...
Max58201 posted...
iTz_SLammi posted...

I'm being as realistic as I can. I'm not going to crap all over the game, but at the same time I'm not going to smell the game's crap and call it roses. The end game for an MMO is literally the last chance they have at hooking people, people will quit and never look back if it's not done properly....It has been that main point which has separated the MMOs that live and those which die.

This game has a problem in that there is nothing to work towards. There's a good base here for a decent MMO but as it stands there is simply nothing there for those who've finished the main content.
#25Edavy89Posted 4/9/2013 7:05:10 PM
Ilikemyname420 posted...
iTz_SLammi posted...
Ilikemyname420 posted...
Max58201 posted...
iTz_SLammi posted...

I'm being as realistic as I can. I'm not going to crap all over the game, but at the same time I'm not going to smell the game's crap and call it roses. The end game for an MMO is literally the last chance they have at hooking people, people will quit and never look back if it's not done properly....It has been that main point which has separated the MMOs that live and those which die.

This game has a problem in that there is nothing to work towards. There's a good base here for a decent MMO but as it stands there is simply nothing there for those who've finished the main content.

And more importantly, the main content isn't even very good. Sub-par story telling, redundant copy-paste scenery. A large map filled with giant hills to fill space without adding any content to that space. "random" events that arent actually random as they all happen in the same place. 3 different weapon models per gun type. I mean, i wanted to love the game, hell i spent 150 bucks on the ult. edition, but the game just isn't very good.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#26Ilikemyname420Posted 4/9/2013 7:31:26 PM
The funny thing with that is they could probably get away with just retooling the main story missions ( they are all pretty damn similar anyways) and just creating new intros to the missions that fits in to the plot of the TV show and all with very minimal work. They don't need a work of Shakespere, they need something to keep people interested, invested, and most of all playing.
#27TheSpectrePosted 4/9/2013 9:04:32 PM
It will be a rude awakening for the people who really dont understand the value of end game content. thats where the userbase nosedives when they complete the "main game" and have nothing left to do of any real value in terms of character progression besides repetitive "side quests". the game will become a ghost town. Especially when new major titles are released.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#28midnyghtsson265Posted 4/9/2013 9:36:25 PM
This is not "most mmo's", or even an mmo....its a SHOOTER mmo, as stated by Trion many times. What shooter do you know focuses on end game and super power leveling and rare loot?...this isn't Rift or WoW! There probably won't be much better guns...what do you want? One shot kill everything? They have PvP balance to worry about also.

I love shooters, BF3, Rainbow Six Vegas, OFP:DR, Graw 2.....you know what...none of them had end games, or power leveling. Neither does Gears, Halo, CoD, or Counter-Strike. They had good shooting mechanics wrapped around flimsy stories and/or team concepts. Just so happens, I think this story is pretty cool. But the fun shooting is what keeps me and i'm sure many others wanting to come back.

I'm tired of hearing these same old comparisons like this was designed to be a mmorpg...it's not. It's a damn shooter. Please stop trying to make it out to be something it never tried to be.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#29GamingFoolDanPosted 4/9/2013 9:37:57 PM
Shy420 posted...
And what did you think of the story?

It's just a little odd that they want to tie a television series in to a game like this and see people stick around for a complete season.

Yeah. But you know supposedly after every episode a few more story related missions will release. So think of this.

Let's say you managed to play every side mission, and complete every pursuit, after you've finished the main storyline. There will always been new missions every week going along with the show. On top of that there will be content that is added every so often, and let's say you don't wanna pay for DLC for whatever reason. They are still releasing free DLC so it doesn't split the community up to those who have DLC and those who don't those who purchase it will just get extra stuff. For example more weapons, uhm I think they said stuff about new races to play as, probably outfits. Perhaps, users that have purchased will get exclusive pursuits on top of pursuits I am assuming will be added to each DLC pack. Vehicles.

Now lets say you've Capped out to 5000, which without boosts and even grinding every day would still take you a pretty decent amount of time.

Plus theres always daily contracts you can do along with weekly. I feel like that there's a pretty sizable amount of content in this game, and they way Trion's PR guy makes it sound like is there won't be too often of a time where your like... Well crap I'm just gonna play something else till additional content comes out.

So lets face it. This game might not be the best gameplay ever, but its fun, and Trion is actively making an attempt to increase the Longevity of it.

On top of all the useless crap I've pointed out, whose to say that after you've beat the last mission so far that its the endgame? Maybe Trion has ideas to plan something way more massive for an endgame when they are ready to say hey this project has been real fun for us but its time to wrap it up with our best DLC yet.
This being said, this is all speculation of hopes and dreams. Its merely the potential of this game that has intrigued me and may others. Because there is also the complete possibility of them not carrying out DLC to their full potential.

So all we can do is wait and see I suppose. But I'm fairly sure that the last mission that we can play right now is not going to be the 'Endgame' in the long run
---
GT: DN CaptMrca VII
H4-BF3-GoWJ-Minecraft-Terraria-Defiance
#30Ilikemyname420Posted 4/9/2013 9:49:36 PM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
This is not "most mmo's", or even an mmo....its a SHOOTER mmo, as stated by Trion many times. What shooter do you know focuses on end game and super power leveling and rare loot?...this isn't Rift or WoW! There probably won't be much better guns...what do you want? One shot kill everything? They have PvP balance to worry about also.

I love shooters, BF3, Rainbow Six Vegas, OFP:DR, Graw 2.....you know what...none of them had end games, or power leveling. Neither does Gears, Halo, CoD, or Counter-Strike. They had good shooting mechanics wrapped around flimsy stories and/or team concepts. Just so happens, I think this story is pretty cool. But the fun shooting is what keeps me and i'm sure many others wanting to come back.

I'm tired of hearing these same old comparisons like this was designed to be a mmorpg...it's not. It's a damn shooter. Please stop trying to make it out to be something it never tried to be.

Ok compare it to a shooter....In COD I'm either working towards new weapons, new perks (changed in this last one), a new prestige level. Besides that I can build my stats like KDR etc. and be in a leaderboard where I can directly track my progress between myself and others, hell they even have a freaking ranked ladder now....it's the damn definition of progression.