Kill the Hulker....

#1i2HoldWithFirePosted 4/10/2013 3:25:51 AM
There I am just cruising around the mountains not a road in sight, catching some air working on leveling up my runner skill. I turn and head downhill towards a nice natural ramp. Just as my wheels are about to leave the ground a white mission pops up "Kill the Hulker"(huh what's a Hulker running through my mind) I go soaring up and as the horizon becomes clear, there standing, nay, there WAITING right in front of me is a gargantuan behemoth. Standing easily 4 times higher than myself, this beast literally swats me out of the air, my runner explodes on impact killing me. I revive and attempt to slay Goliath.... Alas my meager 350 ego rating and 400 dmg lmg stood no chance. Upon my eventual extraction I went to return to the scene, only to realize, I had no idea whereTF I had just been. FML

*facepalm*
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#2SeijiHitoPosted 4/10/2013 3:31:00 AM
lol the same happened to me too! But I went back and kills him I was pretty happy for that hour.:)
---
XBL: SEIJI HITO
#3nableetPosted 4/10/2013 3:42:50 AM
Yeah, he is quite tough. The charge he does is the only problem though, and the fact he is a bullet sponge!

Sadly, I had issues with random rioters joining in and several times he decided to bug out and go back to full health :( they do tend to drop good loot though!, so it was worth it.
#4xHuckleberryPosted 4/10/2013 4:04:21 AM
I cant remember off the top of my head where, but ive ran into a couple on one spot of the map. I slightly remember water and it being on a curve. Helpful, i know.
#5Darth VengerPosted 4/10/2013 5:15:40 AM
One of the many reasons I love this game. I lucked up and had 4 other people near me when I fought a hulker. We were able to put him down, but it took a lot of effort and several ammo reloads.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#6bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/10/2013 6:30:18 AM
The key to killing a hulker is a tree.

Otherwise, you're going to get trampled.
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#7the13thhereticPosted 4/10/2013 8:48:04 AM
I, surprisingly, had very little trouble killing a hulker the first and only time I've seen one. That charge killed me one time, but after that, I would just dodge out of the way and empty my saw into him. I wish I could find another now, I found him rather enjoyable to fight.
---
GT: Jestergrin13
#8bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/10/2013 9:31:52 AM
You can usually find them in Sausalito.
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#9i2HoldWithFire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:11:39 AM
bombsonyourmoms posted...
You can usually find them in Sausalito.

I will be going Hulker hunting this evening, thank you.
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#10chakramstrikePosted 4/10/2013 11:16:20 AM
Was doing a final hell bug arkfall..and had that sucker come strolling up the hill into the middle of the arkfall. Me and everyone else had to worry about archers, pod launchers, and the arkfall boss as well as him charging across the field we were in. Was a pain in the Burt.
---
GTs: 360 - Chakramstrike; PS3 - yunalesca26