Solo the game?

#11midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:20:02 AM
I guess the reason I find it hard to believe is because I've never seen them attempted solo. I'm used to 15-20 enemies harrassing you and a major boss thrown in the mix due to a lot of players being around.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#12abcdefghi2Posted 4/10/2013 9:38:52 AM
There will be the odd player here and there who can do it solo, because there are some gamers that are a lot better than you think they are. It's the same with every game
---
"life doesn't HAVE a reset button!"
"But this show does! i love that button!"
#13GamingFoolDanPosted 4/10/2013 10:13:26 AM
I beat Nim solo with just using a BMG. Although honestly I don't think thats saying much. It takes a while to kill him but since you can heal yourself it pretty much doesn't matter.

Although I rarely use the BMG to attack usually I use my orange AR or my Grenade launcher shotgun and then switch to it to heal. Really good for soloing actually.
---
GT: DN CaptMrca VII
H4-BF3-GoWJ-Minecraft-Terraria-Defiance
#14BWO_ArbiterPosted 4/10/2013 10:21:55 AM
I just got this new laptop on Monday. I'm still looking for an HD capture card which will work with it, but once it is up and running I'll see if I can find a major arkfall to try to solo. The REAL challenge will be finding one that nobody is already at.

As far as the rest of the game, I've been going solo for 90% of my missions (Had a buddy join me for a few hours on my first day).

It is especially nice how that I have those BMG or whatever they're called weapons. I have my AR as my main, and a weapon which never runs out of ammo for my secondary, and of course I keep at least 1 of each weapon type in my inventory in case I need to switch out.

Soloing isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Make full use of cover, "Pie off" your corners so you're only dealing with 1 enemy at a time, evade, crouch, jump, make full use of your grenades, etc.
---
What I lack in dexterity is made up for by my strategies. I'm proof that you don't need a perfect shot to pwn in FPS games.
#15swongqPosted 4/10/2013 10:23:33 AM
I am trying to solo everything but kind of impossible when people are doing the exact same mission.
#16spartansjasePosted 4/10/2013 10:24:04 AM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
spartansjase posted...
The enemies scale to how many people are doing the mission/arkfall. I've done an arkfall or two alone and was just fine...

A major arkfall?

No, there is never a chance to get a major arkfall alone due to the amount of people who flock to them, from my experiences.
---
"Not all those who wander are lost" - GT:JRBMaximus
#17johnnykevPosted 4/10/2013 10:32:39 AM
I would like someone that says they can solo everything, to find a youtube video of someone doing an arkfall solo, a major one. Or some of the missions from San Fran solo, and not die a lot. I'm good at shooters but they throw a ridiculous amount of tough enemies at you later, and I can't see anyone doing it solo and having a cake walk.

Video proof or I don't believe any of it. No matter how tough a game is, theres always some forum people that say it's easy....

Major arkfall just seems improbable solo, even with the scaling being lower, due to amount of damage needed to be done to finish it. To think that someone couldn't solo the missions in San Fran is just plain silly. They are certainly more difficult than the previous areas, but certainly not impossible. They require a lot more patience than the previous missions and I've noticed very few people play that way. But it's certainly doable. Cake walk, no. Really difficult or impossible, not really that either.
#18PandaXXX2008Posted 4/10/2013 10:53:28 AM
Video proof or I don't believe any of it. No matter how tough a game is, theres always some forum people that say it's easy....

That's because there will be some forum people who find it easy, and it's incredibly arrogant of you to think otherwise
#19midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:15:49 AM
I never said it would be impossible, just not a cake walk. I play solo a lot and I know in certain situations, no tactics will save you from enemies in every corner of the room. I play very tactically when I can, but sometimes that just doesn't fly...lol

No way the slice the pie technique works when bulwarks sneak up behind you every chance they get. I'll wait to see some of these great players post some videos eventually so I can see how it's done easily.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#20PandaXXX2008Posted 4/10/2013 11:40:55 AM
And I never said you did, but you seem to think that, just because you can't do it, that no one else can either.

It's arrogant