SMG's are the best DPS

#11squiggy9996999Posted 4/15/2013 1:09:10 PM
i love submgs. my white level 330 (100 levels below me) is the best weapon i have found so far. it has lightning and a faster RoF.

although pairing that up with the courier and a cloak filed is just plain mean. :P
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...
#12-FryShakeWad-(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 1:10:27 PM
What clip sizes u guys have in your smg?
#13i2HoldWithFirePosted 4/15/2013 1:15:58 PM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
What clip sizes u guys have in your smg?

I've got one with a 109 rd clip, 80 unmodded
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#14Havoc49JPosted 4/15/2013 1:41:26 PM
I only use the Pulser SMG due to their pin point hip fire accuracy allowing me to stay mobile, strafing while firing and still benefit from the gunslinger crit modifier. Works great with Blur especially if your stacking the numerous movement speed bonuses.

+50% movement from Blur
+45% If shields break
+45% if I get a Melee kill
+45% when my shields recharge. Which I can do on demand with a BMG secondary.

I'm always moving at least 50% faster in pvp and usually 100% in PVE.

40 round clip unmodded. 52 round clip with cheap mods. I have to replace my SMG daily so I continue to gain levels. I'm saving my good mods for an Orange Pulser.
#15innersmokePosted 4/15/2013 2:13:06 PM
Wolfhound + gunslinger + crit = win
---
GT- Innersmoke
#16velvet_hammerPosted 4/15/2013 2:18:01 PM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Saw> your favorite dps weapon

What I used to think until I actually used an smg.

well your wrong. My smg skill level is over 15, love them things. but nothing is beating a Saw with overcharge, and its not even close
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#17velvet_hammerPosted 4/15/2013 2:19:44 PM
Havoc49J posted...
BitterBear posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Saw> your favorite dps weapon

In any situation where you can keep the trigger held down nonstop, SAW is probably the best dps available. SMGs feel like they perform better on smaller, more mobile targets, especially when you're breaking LOS a lot.

I agree with your assessment of saw vs SMG but when I think dps, I think sustained fire on a target without taking into account relocating and requisition of targets. DPS goes to the lmg's hands down.

Not only that SMGs have some of the highest and worst fall off damage of any weapon in the game.. with an LMG I'm still laying top damage waste to a mob across the whole screen. With an LMG range is obsolete
---
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#18Havoc49JPosted 4/15/2013 2:35:47 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Not only that SMGs have some of the highest and worst fall off damage of any weapon in the game.. with an LMG I'm still laying top damage waste to a mob across the whole screen. With an LMG range is obsolete

With fall off damage compensating barrels fall off range in pretty much a non factor, it comes down to whether my accuracy is high enough to hit it at that distance.

That said you can engage at ranges I can't. But I'm also much closer to the target allowing me to orient myself to exploit weak spots, benefit from the gunslinger crit bonus, benifit from the intimidation +75% damage bonus, and storm cover while you would be forced to wait or switch targets. If this is a co-op mission or similar style missions I will probably arrive at the next fight and engage the enemies long before you get into range to shoot.

The LMG will blow my dps away in a shooting gallery setting, but ideal situations like that aren't the norm. Both weapons have different roles to fill and they both do so very well.
#19velvet_hammerPosted 4/15/2013 2:38:59 PM
Havoc49J posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

With fall off damage compensating barrels fall off range in pretty much a non factor, it comes down to whether my accuracy is high enough to hit it at that distance.

That said you can engage at ranges I can't. But I'm also much closer to the target allowing me to orient myself to exploit weak spots, benefit from the gunslinger crit bonus, benifit from the intimidation +75% damage bonus, and storm cover while you would be forced to wait or switch targets. If this is a co-op mission or similar style missions I will probably arrive at the next fight and engage the enemies long before you get into range to shoot.

The LMG will blow my dps away in a shooting gallery setting, but ideal situations like that aren't the norm. Both weapons have different roles to fill and they both do so very well.

lmg is just as deadly up close.. and using a range barrel on an smg is already a disadvantage.. LMG can go even more power..
---
#20SweetBoiPosted 4/15/2013 2:48:47 PM
I like the SMG I have, but would love to find a purple or orange. The one I have now is green and does 185 damage and has 52 shot clip. I mostly use a VBI TACC Assault Rifle though.
---
GT: K1llerInst1nctz