Defiance Tips and Tricks

#1ogschoolPosted 4/15/2013 5:23:09 PM
Here some tip from Kyria

(original post here) http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?7494-Kyria-s-37-Defiance-tips

Kyria's 37 Defiance tips
I typed up some tips that will hopefully help out some fellow Arkhunters. Many will be pc specific. No NDA should be breached.

1) At Arkfalls where the objective is to destroy the crystal: A) DON'T kill the Skitterlings. They nibble at the crystal and create the weaknesses (yellow craters/spots) for you to shoot at that allow you to destroy the crystal that much more easily. The Skitterlings will not aggro on you much, so you can fairly safely leave them alone. B) DON'T kill the Mutant Demolitionists. Allow them to place their kegs - then blow those up to create a surge that travels back into the crystal to help destroy it.

2) F3 brings up the map.

3) Fast travel = blue map icon. Double click, or highlight -> select Fast travel, any blue icon on the map to fast travel to that location. As you venture out you will discover more fast travel spots that then shows up on your map.

4) Perks need to be equipped!!! Press L to bring up the loadout menu then click the open slot beneath your ability. This lets you equip one perk per slot. More slots open as your EGO grows.

5) Right mouse button will place a marker on the map for you (but only you, not for your group). The trail it sets will give you a driving route that reliably lets you get to the destination by means of vehicle, mainly following roads.

6) Weapon skill lvls up! Each weapon has an xp bar that will add to levelling up that weapon type skill. When that bar is full you will no longer earn xp towards levelling that type up. Swapping to a new weapon lets you start earning a new lvl of that type. The stats and buffs added are visible in the STATS-menu (Esc -> Stats-tab).

7) To change loadouts click L, then the number of the loadout you want, then Esc to close it down.

8) Assault rifles, Light machine guns and Small machine guns all use the same ammo. To not run out of ammo it is wise to equip weapons that draw from different ammo pools.

9) Holding down E when picking an item up equips it. Tapping E will pick it up.

10) Salvage matrix: You cannot break down or add mod slots to something equipped in any of your loadouts. You can however add mods.

11) Remember to update all of your loadouts with new gear, ie shields.

12) Having something in a loadout, even the ones not currently active, will not let you sell/destroy/trade/matrix those items. Only mods can be added.

13) There's a mod vendor at Iron Demon Ranch.

14) Stun grenades stun, but do no damage.

15) Elemental types and info.

16) 'Enter' activates the chat.

17) Exit. To exit the game: A) Press Esc -> hold spacebar -> press exit (top, right corner), B) Press enter (to activate chat) -> type "/exit" or "/quit", C) Press Ctrl+Q.

18) Ammo crates are marked on the map by the icon that looks like a grey diamond with a vertical slash ("I") in it.

19) Use Alt to roll. You can roll off effects like burn and sludge.

20) Lshift is run on foot and boost in vehicle.

21) BMG is the heal-gun. Left mouse button = damage beam. Right mouse button = heal beam. Beams link from target to nearby enemies/friendlies to do chain-damage/heal. Beams bounce off crystals and they can be used to sustain chains. Friendlies with full health can still be used to link to distant friendlies in need of a heal.

22) BMG does not consume ammo. (It is the only weapon that does not.)

23) Infectors infect and do damage over time (DoT). Descriptions are pretty good. Some spawn bugs upon target death that will attack other hostiles.
#2ogschool(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 5:24:12 PM
25) You get (potential) drops from enemies, upon their death, that you have done damage to. If in need of ammo: Do damage to multiple enemies - as opposed to focusing on one big one - to increase the drop chance.

26) Green honeycomb currancy. That is Gulanite. You use it at the Lockbox vendor's to buy fragments or in the matrix to add mod slots to your weapon.

27) Lockboxes. The higher the box lvl the rarer the weapons will/might be.

28) This game has auto-voice. As soon as you group your mic will be transmitting. If you mute someone on voice you will not be able to see them in chat either. There's currently no push-to-talk ingame.

29) At creation screen - circa top left you will find tabs that will let you customize your character more.

30) If you recieve items from completing missions when your inventory is full you need to claim them once you have freed up space. Press Esc -> hold spacebar -> Store -> Claim items (left hand side).

31) Vehicles and outfits/hats do not take up inventory space.

32) Accepting a mission will hide all other missions from the map until completion or you drop it. You will still be able to see and do challenges like Rampages and Time trials.

33) 'Esc' will mostly let you skip through cutscenes.

34) 'K' brings up your EGO grid and lets you unlock and equip.

35) Loot drops on individual basis. What you see is yours.

36) One-stop-shop-for-information
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?284-One-stop-shop-for-Information

37) EGO calculator

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

Kyria
<3
#3fffezPosted 4/15/2013 5:36:33 PM
i can't find "F3" on my controller y u do dis to me trion
#4WaltFPosted 4/15/2013 5:40:58 PM
fffez posted...
i can't find "F3" on my controller y u do dis to me trion

F3 = back button, although I suspect you already knew that
#5BWO_ArbiterPosted 4/15/2013 6:06:30 PM
Maybe you could've made the effort to read through these, and remove the ones which don't apply, and fix the ones which are incomplete.

Also, simply telling people which buttons do what things is NOT a tip or a trick.
---
What I lack in dexterity is made up for by my strategies. I'm proof that you don't need a perfect shot to pwn in FPS games.
#6ogschool(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:51:44 PM
BWO_Arbiter posted...
Maybe you could've made the effort to read through these, and remove the ones which don't apply, and fix the ones which are incomplete.

Also, simply telling people which buttons do what things is NOT a tip or a trick.

Ok
#7Ilikemyname420Posted 4/16/2013 1:08:57 PM(edited)
Well for Arkfalls it seems it takes into account ALL damage and kills done in the radius. If you shoot an arkfall once then go off and do a mission that just keeps spamming enemies you will simply blow away anyone on the leaderboard actually trying to do the arkfalls.
#8ogschool(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 1:16:24 PM
Ilikemyname420 posted...
Well for Arkfalls it seems it takes into account ALL damage and kills done in the radius. If you shoot an arkfall once then go off and do a mission that just keeps spamming enemies you will simply blow away anyone on the leaderboard actually trying to do the arkfalls.

Yeah it a glitch not sure if it fix in the latest patch. I saw no notes of it so maybe not.
#9charlton3kPosted 4/17/2013 12:46:24 AM
Cool tips, I'm still struggling on what ego to pick. Think i'm sticking with cloak as I die alot and this helps, but not sure which smaller ego points around it to pick
---
Craphex
#10Lerp85Posted 4/17/2013 1:05:12 AM
Posting things for PC on the xbox forum. Nice. Could have at least posted stuff that is for xbox, and changed the ones that aren't so they read that they are. Some of those don't even apply to xbox.