Trion Q&A on Raptr

#11midnyghtsson265Posted 4/28/2013 6:28:18 AM
To be quite honest, I'm surprised ANY gamer in the world would think thats a good idea. I understand why the companies want to do it, but I agree with you SSB, I will not get the next xbox if they go ahead with that madness.

Pirates ruining stuff for everyone.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#12DefiantXavier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 4:36:06 AM
This has gone severely off topic due to an opinion in a signature.
---
Why do people complain about "always online"? If your console isn't always online already, why do you even play games?
#13bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/29/2013 6:50:55 AM
DefiantXavier posted...

Your signature is retarded.
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#14SSBoKanteiPosted 4/29/2013 7:30:08 AM
Yeah, it is a damn shame. Don,t get me wrong, I pirated games back in the early 90's when I was in foster care. I wanted to play games but didn't have money to play them. I even found it fun to battle with DRM back in the day, finding ways to play team fortress, half life, swat 3, forsaken, tribes and everything else under the sun. If they tried to keep me offline, I had fun getting myself online.

As an adult though, I go out of my way to make sure I buy all my games new, I understand that I want to support my system and games with my money, so they can continue to provide me with more of what I like.

But making the next system always on DRM? I'll speak with my money and refuse to buy the system or games. You see how quickly Sony backed off of the DRM they just recently copy righted. I think a great marketing plan for them at this point would be an ad that says"Yeah, we didn't do that". They could of, but they aren't.

I would support 100 other ways to destroy the pre-owned/pirated games debate, really hate what the local pawn shop (ebgames) practices are doing to my friends ~_~, but I could never support always on DRM.
#15midnyghtsson265Posted 4/29/2013 7:59:56 AM
DefiantXavier posted...

Thats your signatures fault. Who puts a hot topic like that in a sig, then complains when a group of gamers comment on it?
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#16bombsonyourmomsPosted 4/29/2013 8:09:37 AM
If the next system has an online-only requirement, I won't buy it.

It's literally the reason I stopped gaming on my PC. I got tired of the bullsh!t user agreements.

That's probably the only deal breaker for me. I'm not terribly concerned about price. I don't care if it isn't backwards-compatible. I don't care if it has super amazing graphics, I don't care about kinect, and I don't care about any new home-entertainment crap they add.

I need to be able to play games, regardless of my situation with my ISP. If I decided to tell my ISP to F off, or my router breaks, or my internet is off for any other reason, it shouldn't prevent me from playing single player games.

Always on requirement = I won't buy a new console. It's that simple.
---
GT: BombsOnYourMoms
GT: Asterfall (alt)
#17KazukiYotsugaPosted 4/29/2013 8:55:15 AM
A :) as a response to a next gen question I'd take with a grain of salt. Pretty sure it was asked on one of the Across the Badlands episodes that air on the twitch account after the show that they have said there are no current plans on developing it for the next gen consoles.
#18whitepsychtigerPosted 4/29/2013 9:50:12 AM
SSBoKantei posted...
Thanks for this post, made the wait in the airport go by very quickly this morning...need a new topic for this airport lol..

Not sure what your rant about his sig was. But his sig is a true statement. It's not an MMO. Destiny is a Dark Souls style game that supports more players being able to invade and connect to your game than Dark Souls offers. That doesn't make it an MMO though.

Your rant would apply to DMR....but not Destiny. Being co-op and supporting invasions to your instance makes it a dynamic multiplayer game, but not an MMO.

The system Destiny seems to have seems to be more like Journey, Dark Souls' invasions aren't that random as everything to join in on a player's game has to have a player do something first, to me, Destiny's multiplayer seems to be constantly pairing people up with one another, randomly so no work is forced to be done.
---
GT: PhantomGenetics-----Currently Playing: Dark Souls, MInecraft 360 Current, Defiance Beta
Awaiting: Destiny, Defiance, Dark Souls II and Bioshock: Infinite