Defiance Season 2 Return Date - June 2014?!?!?!?!

#11XanRanna(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:58:48 PM
browncmp posted...
A year off sounds about right? For what country? All the shows I watch are off roughly 90 days, at most 6 months. 1 year for a syfy show? By the time the show returns, I wont remember what happened in season 1 and the game will be washed away by the new consoles and bigger MMO shooters like Destiny and Planetside on PS4. Too bad really. If they'd run the show again starting in late september early october that would be cool, but a year is them saying that they arent sure of their product. I know they have a contract for 2 seasons or 3, but think about it... will you be playing xbox 360 in 2 more years?

EXACTLY! The only other show I know that did/does this was Sons of Anarchy when SAMCRO went to jail for like 9 months and they actually played off the show not being on like it was due to SAMCRO being imprisoned (GENIUS!).
---
XBLGT - LordDuckfeets
#12SmacakePosted 7/11/2013 9:19:06 PM
browncmp posted...
A year off sounds about right? For what country? All the shows I watch are off roughly 90 days, at most 6 months. 1 year for a syfy show? By the time the show returns, I wont remember what happened in season 1 and the game will be washed away by the new consoles and bigger MMO shooters like Destiny and Planetside on PS4. Too bad really. If they'd run the show again starting in late september early october that would be cool, but a year is them saying that they arent sure of their product. I know they have a contract for 2 seasons or 3, but think about it... will you be playing xbox 360 in 2 more years?

I bet they make a Xbox one version of Defiance and you will be given the one time option to tranfer your 360 character to the One version of the game and the same for PS3 and Ps4
---
Do not judge others unless you judge yourself first.Afterwards pick up a 12 gadge shotgun and prepare for the zombie apocolypse.
#13darkhouse999Posted 7/12/2013 4:46:00 AM
browncmp posted...
A year off sounds about right? For what country? All the shows I watch are off roughly 90 days, at most 6 months. 1 year for a syfy show?

It is a spring/summer series it is very common for them to be only 13 episodes long and only come back after about 9 months. A lot of shows do this, most of them aren't well known shows though. The biggest one I can think of is Burn Notice, which started as a summer series but got so popular that it got made into a fall/winter series instead which have longer seasons.

Another big one was The 4400 which was also a summer series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Darkhouse999
#14IksarMonkPosted 7/14/2013 2:44:30 PM
I enjoyed the game but by the time new stuff comes out (aside from potential DLC) I will be buried in Destiny and/or Elder Scrolls Online. I enjoyed the game but am at the point where I have played enough.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Xbox GT: Fuzziewuzzy -- Alt GT: IksarMonk
#15kevinm1278Posted 7/18/2013 11:08:10 AM
Have you ever heard of a little show called BREAKING BAD? The first half of the last season aired in September of last year and the second half won't be airing until August. That's almost a year later. At least Defiance aired a full season before its hiatus...
#16SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/19/2013 8:18:25 AM
Why is this suprising? Unless maybe its quick to make sitcom its usually 10 months to a yaer for a show to get back. Im happy this show has like 12 or 13 episodes first season. So annoying how game of thrones has to force itself into 10 episodes every season.