Timed out of servers

#1xninjagrrlPosted 7/17/2013 3:48:15 PM
I finally got around to playing this game, I get at least part way thru the tutorial on my way to some crash site and it times out. Now it times out within ten seconds every time I try to play. Is this normal for this game? Any fix? Thanks.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#2markestoniaPosted 7/17/2013 5:50:04 PM
I had an issue like this very early on, but I haven't had it happen since. I'm assuming you've been to the official forums as this post is very similar in wording to one I just read trying to find anyone else having the problem.

I wish I had a fix, and I wish more that this won't get flooded with nonconstructive vitriol about how this happens all the time to everyone and it sucks, etc etc...

I had the game running continuously for about 5 hours yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it's not something happening to everyone.

You might try PM'ing one of the forum moderators and serious questions on the official forums often get buried very quickly. I've had nothing but good come from their support team when I've had issues that needed answers, but I'm not sure that a Live Chat would get you a solution.

I would either keep at the bug reports and/or PM'ing Devs/community managers directly.

If you have a Twitter account, Sledgehammer70 is often the easiest person to get answers from.

I wish I had more information for you than this.

https://support.trionworlds.com/
#3xninjagrrl(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 3:34:57 AM
markestonia posted...
I had an issue like this very early on, but I haven't had it happen since. I'm assuming you've been to the official forums as this post is very similar in wording to one I just read trying to find anyone else having the problem.

I wish I had a fix, and I wish more that this won't get flooded with nonconstructive vitriol about how this happens all the time to everyone and it sucks, etc etc...

I had the game running continuously for about 5 hours yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it's not something happening to everyone.

You might try PM'ing one of the forum moderators and serious questions on the official forums often get buried very quickly. I've had nothing but good come from their support team when I've had issues that needed answers, but I'm not sure that a Live Chat would get you a solution.

I would either keep at the bug reports and/or PM'ing Devs/community managers directly.

If you have a Twitter account, Sledgehammer70 is often the easiest person to get answers from.

I wish I had more information for you than this.

https://support.trionworlds.com/

Thanks, it finally worked for no apparent reason. And man was I beyond bored with this game. Perhaps I need a clan or something because no one would band together to get anything done. I also should not have waited 3 months to open this game up as my names were already taken lol. If I ever see Rockne O'Bannon in person Im going to let him know how crappy his most recent stuff has been. Defiance is NO Farscape. Not even 1/1000th. A shame indeed.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#4kevinm1278Posted 7/18/2013 8:28:47 AM
Your first mistake is tryin to compare Defiance to Farscape. Hence, your disappointment :)

Defiance is more of an experiment. This is the first time that a game and a show tell the same story together simultaneously instead of one being based off the other. It's really a cool idea when you play and watch it.

As for clans, you should join InfectedOmen. I just joined them after my other clan I was in died and it's been an enjoyable experience so far. And if you wanna add me my gt is kevinm1278. I play mainly late at night and on Sundays.
#5Teen_ApePosted 7/18/2013 10:10:18 AM
kevinm1278 posted...
Your first mistake is tryin to compare Defiance to Farscape. Hence, your disappointment :)

Defiance is more of an experiment. This is the first time that a game and a show tell the same story together simultaneously instead of one being based off the other. It's really a cool idea when you play and watch it.

As for clans, you should join InfectedOmen. I just joined them after my other clan I was in died and it's been an enjoyable experience so far. And if you wanna add me my gt is kevinm1278. I play mainly late at night and on Sundays.

It's not fully dead, I still play an hour or so a day!
---
Gamertag: NedmOblivion
Nintendo Network ID: HouseOfHorror
#6kevinm1278Posted 7/18/2013 3:41:09 PM
Teen_Ape posted...
kevinm1278 posted...

Lol. Ok so it's just like brain dead or in a coma in terms of activity :)
#7browncmpPosted 7/18/2013 8:14:25 PM
The time out thing became an issue around June 3 when the devs infected the game with some pre-dlc stuff. Their forum said they were aware of the problem and they were working on it. June 21 the forum still said the exact same thing, and I quit. 18 days and no fix? I turned it on last week for about 2 hours. In that time I was timed out twice. The devs have given the players nothing but a giant middle finger with which I guess Im supposed to cram into any opening I wish. They took people's money, promised things and gave us nothing. Oh and they fired the best half of their staff. Destiny and Planetside (ps4) are too far away.
#8johnnykevPosted 7/19/2013 7:06:51 AM
kevinm1278 posted...
Teen_Ape posted...
kevinm1278 posted...

Exactly Kevin! Man, I wish it would've stayed active, but it's no fun being the only one in the clan that's on.

TC, you could shoot me an invite to group up anytime you're on, my gt is johnnykev. I know kevinm is a good guy too and so are the folks in infected omen. I'm a part of the Freemasons and they're pretty darn jovial too. Hit one of us up or both of us, I'm down for some gaming and will be on some throughout the weekend.
#9SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/19/2013 7:16:33 AM
If you think Destiny not gonna have problems cause its bungie your living in a dream. The Destiny servers will go down. You will times you want to play and cant. Launch day and shortly after will probably be hit or miss, just like this game.

Now as far as the quality of the game itself, I think destiny will be better then Defiance was at launch.

ANyway, welcome to the real world of MMO's. Its a lot different then a single palyer game like a borderlands that usally has very few issues, but ultimately, despite the growning pains, an MMO is often more satisfying in the long term.
#10Teen_ApePosted 7/19/2013 12:20:30 PM
kevinm1278 posted...
Teen_Ape posted...
kevinm1278 posted...

Yeah, next time we on at same time, send me an invite if that clan if you can :)
I'm always the only one on :(

I miss lurking the clan chat lol.
---
Gamertag: NedmOblivion
Nintendo Network ID: HouseOfHorror