Servers down?

#1swifty31Posted 8/1/2013 6:00:32 PM
I just got done playing at my moms and I'm at my dads so I selected my character and it says the servers are down is it just me?
#2DefhimselfPosted 8/1/2013 6:12:54 PM
i just had the same problem. so youre not alone
---
Team: Knees 2 faces! You're just jealous because unlike CM Punk, you're just losers! ...GT: The last HUcast
#3swifty31(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 6:17:54 PM
How can we fix it >.<
#4chicken8orPosted 8/1/2013 7:12:26 PM
I just bought the game and finished the very first portion where you get your guns and cannot connect.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#5RexVanZantPosted 8/1/2013 9:15:10 PM
That seems about right. Its been a while since ive played but if i remember correctly it would probably be easier to just post when the servers are actually working.
#6markestoniaPosted 8/2/2013 12:09:31 PM
RexVanZant posted...
That seems about right. Its been a while since ive played but if i remember correctly it would probably be easier to just post when the servers are actually working.

This must be on your side because out of the past month I've had very little downtime. The servers have been up and working for many, many people quite solidly. Not sure if you were trying to troll or just haven't played the game since release, but I thought I'd let you know!

As for an answer to the topic, they had an emergency restart of the servers about the time of the OP. Several people were having connection issues and it was, in part, due to communication errors between Trion and two ISP's. Rift Players were having the same problem.
#7RexVanZantPosted 8/5/2013 6:46:52 AM
markestonia posted...
RexVanZant posted...

This must be on your side because out of the past month I've had very little downtime. The servers have been up and working for many, many people quite solidly. Not sure if you were trying to troll or just haven't played the game since release, but I thought I'd let you know!

As for an answer to the topic, they had an emergency restart of the servers about the time of the OP. Several people were having connection issues and it was, in part, due to communication errors between Trion and two ISP's. Rift Players were having the same problem.

I am not trolling. I got this game a few days after release, was highly disappointed all around and it's been collecting dust ever since. I just check the forums every once and a while to see if anything has changed or if there is any reason to play this again. Looks like the answer is no (and judging by the $50 price drop on PSN alot of others grew tired of this game and the BS makes it so unenjoyable)
#8markestoniaPosted 8/5/2013 10:42:30 AM
@RexVanZant

If it's been that long since you've played it, there have been huge and plentiful changes to the game. I now understand you weren't trying to troll, but are just misinformed about the servers. If you're reading the official forums and didn't see that anything changed in the game, you're only reading what the entitled children are writing.

The game is not perfect. There are still some issues still going on.

However, I spent three solid hours having conversation with some InO members in clan chat last night.
I'm no longer getting the gun reload glitch where being hit by a nano would empty your weapon and you'd have to start reloading it all over again. I'm not getting DC'd every time I go to an ark fall, nor every 5 minutes as has happened in the past. I could go on.

My point in all of this is that if anyone thinks the game is in the same condition it was near release, they are reading the wrong information.