if there are more than say 8 people together

#1knives outPosted 9/12/2013 4:40:49 PM
do they all get the same skin? im noticing that the larger 'events' everyone looks the same.
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
#2Teen_ApePosted 9/12/2013 6:21:50 PM
I find everyone looks the same even just sitting in a camp.

It could be me and one other person at a vendor/afk and they would have the generic character model.

Slightly annoying if you ask me, thought it would be fixed.
---
Gamertag: NedmOblivion
Nintendo Network ID: HouseOfHorror
#3Talon5967Posted 9/23/2013 5:19:16 PM
It's lag related. Everyone appears on your screen as a generic skin until whatever they're actually using uploads to your system. It gets worse as the player count goes up. If you watch one of those people with the generic skin long enough, you'll see it change to whatever skin they're actually using.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#4browncmpPosted 10/7/2013 12:27:58 AM
Back in april and may there were hundreds upon hundreds of folks playing all in one spot. They all look the same, as the above post says, to help with lag. Now, there is no excuse since there aren't a hundred people total that play. But hey, the devs set this up in a way that made sense...and then did really stupid things that made no sense.
#5foodeater4Posted 10/7/2013 8:35:24 AM
Yes it is annoying. I understand the reason for it, but unless its an arkfall or a siege, this should basically not be happening.