So If I get the game right now

#1dk2101Posted 9/13/2013 3:31:20 PM
Do I have to sit through all those patches/updates?
---
GT:RustlessRhyme
#2markestoniaPosted 9/13/2013 3:47:37 PM
I'm afraid the answer is yes. It's a long process the first time you install the game. Since release, this time has been considerably lessened, but I recommend you have something else to do while it's going.

Don't let this deter you from getting the game, though. It's a blast and there's more content coming in the near future.

This was just posted today, nothing with specific time frames or anything, but it will give you an idea of where Trion stands with the game.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/09/13/state-of-the-game-update/
#3Pyth_the_BullPosted 9/13/2013 5:37:12 PM
If there's ever a time where you're going to take advice from a complete stranger then let this be it.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME.

Apologies for the all caps but I can't stress enough that this will be a literal waste of your money no matter how much they've lowered the cost. Just trust me on this.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#4Edavy89Posted 9/14/2013 8:14:05 PM
Pyth_the_Bull posted...
If there's ever a time where you're going to take advice from a complete stranger then let this be it.

Apologies for the all caps but I can't stress enough that this will be a literal waste of your money no matter how much they've lowered the cost. Just trust me on this.

Sure it's worth 10 bucks. What the hell can you get for 10 bucks anyway that will last you more than a couple hours.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#5vipermckayPosted 9/15/2013 2:08:32 AM
Pyth_the_Bull posted...

Why not let the topic creator decide ? Should He/She not like it they are out $10. Just cause you do not like it does not mean they will not like it.
---
"Hank if you're steering then who's taking off your shirt!!!" -Dale Gribble
#6ZephyrSSXPosted 10/3/2013 10:12:13 PM
Pyth_the_Bull posted...

Going to the movies is like 7 dollars at matinee for a movie that lasts less than 2 hours. A couple Big Macs from McDonald's costs more than this game.

There is absolutely no reason he shouldn't at least try it. At best he loves it and got a ton of value for 10 dollars. At worst he missed out on 1200 calories.
---
How is pulling over and drinking my own piss a hazard to other people? I'm not sure you're totally on the same page as the rest of us. - Mr Sasquatch
#7SonyHoundDawgPosted 10/4/2013 4:45:37 PM
I was actually surprised how fast the patching process went. As of October 3rd, it only took about an hour and 10 min for me to install the game and have it patch fully to play. Also when you install this game, don't do it through the xbox dashboard, go into the game and it will promt you to install. Installing took about 18 mintues if the timer was right. Then the patching took the rest of the time. My average DL speed was prolly around 8-10MBS.

Also, it might have been less then an hour and 10min, I was just watching tv while it patched and at that time I happened to switch over and see how it was going and it was done. The defiance game is showing 6.9 GB total in my xbox storage