So is the game fixed now or what?

#1matteehPosted 9/16/2013 10:49:13 AM
I just saw the first two episodes of the show a couple of days ago and really liked it and I really want to play the game now but apparently it's game breakingly buggy? Is any of that fixed by now? The game looks like a lot of fun it's just the bugs that I care about.
And how many people are playing it? I don't want to get an MMO that everybody else has already stopped playing.
#2Edavy89Posted 9/17/2013 7:29:47 PM
I bought the game at launch (the ultimate edition at that) and it was so buggy I quit after the third week of it still hardly being playable. I just picked it up again this past weekend since it was only 10 bucks (and hell i already had the season pass for buying the ultimate edition) And everything seems significantly improved. I haven't played much since I got it again i've been to busy, but I can at least say it's no where near as bad as it was from a bug standpoint. As far as the player base, there were people around most places I went, so it isn't dead at any rate.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#3browncmpPosted 9/18/2013 12:47:18 PM
Its a $10 game now with dlc that costs the same amount. Its over. The game devs brought us what started out as a great idea, and then they simply fired half the staff and the game went into the garbage. I had zero bugs at launch, no idea what the above poster is talking about. It wasnt until the siege aspect first came out that issues came up. I honestly have no idea how they expect people to pay for more dlc...and season pass holders are really going to get hosed. I wouldnt say the game is dead. If you really really really cant find anything else to play, then this is ok. however, destiny will blow this out of the water.
#4Edavy89Posted 9/19/2013 3:04:20 AM
browncmp posted...
Its a $10 game now with dlc that costs the same amount. Its over. The game devs brought us what started out as a great idea, and then they simply fired half the staff and the game went into the garbage. I had zero bugs at launch, no idea what the above poster is talking about. It wasnt until the siege aspect first came out that issues came up. I honestly have no idea how they expect people to pay for more dlc...and season pass holders are really going to get hosed. I wouldnt say the game is dead. If you really really really cant find anything else to play, then this is ok. however, destiny will blow this out of the water.

Then you didn't play at launch, it's as simple as that. The servers were offline constantly, most the player base couldnt log in due to bugs, PVP was broken, arkfalls were broken, the instanced missions were broken. There were constant disconnect issues. It's why so many people quit the first few weeks.
---
#5CannondaleBobPosted 9/21/2013 8:52:32 PM
1st two weeks were messed up, its been good since. Almost zero lad these days. Very fun game.
---
This is how I feel, I don't lie about how I feel so don't try to change my mind, you can still live a long and fruitful life even if you don't like what I say.
#6browncmpPosted 9/23/2013 12:27:02 AM
Hey Edavy you want to see my friggin receipt? Ive had it since launch, when it was a good game. I don't know what you were playing but it wasn't this. People have said that Fallout Vegas was horrible with all the issues...I own it on xbox and ps3, zero issues from launch till now. Wouldn't it be possible, just maybe that your problems with the game were not the same problems that everybody else had? I mean, just maybe? The game isn't "fixed" its in a constant state of patch. Fix this, break that. The company dropped the ball on what could have been something amazing.
#7Edavy89Posted 9/23/2013 8:58:35 AM
browncmp posted...
Hey Edavy you want to see my friggin receipt? Ive had it since launch, when it was a good game. I don't know what you were playing but it wasn't this. People have said that Fallout Vegas was horrible with all the issues...I own it on xbox and ps3, zero issues from launch till now. Wouldn't it be possible, just maybe that your problems with the game were not the same problems that everybody else had? I mean, just maybe? The game isn't "fixed" its in a constant state of patch. Fix this, break that. The company dropped the ball on what could have been something amazing.

Which is why the poster above you said the servers were messed up the first 2 weeks as well. Or why almost every topic on gamefaqs during release was negative about how nothing worked. Now maybe you didn't have many issued as the minority, but the majority certainly did, and you acting like the game was peachy at launch just makes you look stupid.
---
#8Talon5967Posted 9/23/2013 5:33:02 PM
How about we put it this way: the game had serious issues at launch, but like with most games, some people get lucky and don't get hit with those problems.

I myself didn't see a lot of the issues I see people complaining about. I only had problems connecting during peak hours. I can count on my fingers the number of times I've seen arkfall issues like floating crystals, targets never appearing, or the targets on apertures for scrapper arkfalls being blocked by the pile of scrap they're supposed to be sitting on top of. I never had an interest in PvP, so I never played it, and therefore can't say anything about it.

Another good example I can use is Skyrim. I've seen numerous comments from people that ran into game breaking bugs, or bugs that constantly crashed their game. But the only one I've seen personally is the one during the Waking Nightmare quest that crashes the game if you save inside the dungeon after using the potion. I haven't gotten the others, but that doesn't mean they don't exist, or that the game doesn't have issues. It just means I got lucky.

This game is no different. It has issues. When it launched, it had a lot of issues. I didn't get hit with them. That doesn't mean they didn't exist. It just means I, and anyone else that didn't see them, were lucky enough not to. But I've seen more than enough comments here, as well as heard comments from friends, to know that those issues existed.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#9SonyHoundDawgPosted 10/4/2013 7:11:16 AM
I never had problems either. Worst thing ithat happened for me is sometimes it I wouldnt be able to get to the character select screen adn Id have to restart the game a few times to get it working.

But that was months ago. Been basically perfect now for a while.