Patch sure is taking a long time to get here.

#1Mega_RatPosted 11/13/2012 12:15:57 PM
=[
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
#2fangornkaiserPosted 11/13/2012 5:09:16 PM
I'm surprised that they even bothered to submit it, It doesn't look like they sold many copies of Fractured Soul. Online Leaderboards(and its global leaderboards, as i understand) for level 1 only have 600+ entries at this moment.
#3EndgameGrantPosted 11/13/2012 8:36:10 PM
Hey guys,

The patch has been approved by Nintendo, but we're not sure how long it will take to be released - it's out of our hands right now. It has taken a little longer than we anticipated, sorry about that. As far as good news goes, it has been approved, and I guess it will be released soon!

As for sales - whilst I'm not allowed to talk about sales figures specifics, I would say that using the leaderboard as a metric is a very inaccurate method.
#4Mega_Rat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:28:02 PM
EndgameGrant posted...

As for sales - whilst I'm not allowed to talk about sales figures specifics, I would say that using the leaderboard as a metric is a very inaccurate method.

Now you just got me more curious on how well the game sold ....

>_>

<_<
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
#5fangornkaiserPosted 11/16/2012 8:27:46 PM
Update is up now.
#6Mega_Rat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:36:54 AM
Update is up now.

WOOO! Thank you for the heads up! :D

Thanks for the patch also, great support for your customers. =]
---
#7yoda2323Posted 11/18/2012 6:43:23 PM
Looks like the patch added something else, as well: death counter goes above 999.
---
The Stickman Chronicles Swapnote comedy series: PM me your 3DS FC if you want it!
More Info: http://tinyurl.com/6rmk8xb
#8EndgameGrantPosted 11/18/2012 8:02:49 PM
yoda2323 posted...
Looks like the patch added something else, as well: death counter goes above 999.

Wow, you guys are quick! I was just coming here to announce the patch is now live:

http://www.facebook.com/fracturedsoul/posts/403563466379571

And you beat me to it :)

Not only that, you already saw the death counter change!

Hopefully this patch helps the speedrunning!
#9acccPosted 12/7/2012 1:35:20 PM
They should patch the game to make it run at 60 fps. It isn't pushing the 3DS at all and doesn't even use the 3D effect, so why does it only run at 30? 30 fps makes the game look like crap and play a lot worse than it would at 60. I would buy the game instantly if they patched the game to improve the framerate.
---
"the" -- Geneva Convention, Article 4, Paragraph 3, Sentence 5, Word 3
#10EndgameGrantPosted 12/9/2012 4:11:55 PM
accc posted...
They should patch the game to make it run at 60 fps. It isn't pushing the 3DS at all and doesn't even use the 3D effect, so why does it only run at 30? 30 fps makes the game look like crap and play a lot worse than it would at 60. I would buy the game instantly if they patched the game to improve the framerate.

I understand it may seem like Fractured Soul is not pushing the hardware, but in actual fact Fractured Soul is pushing the 3DS to its absolute limits. One thing people overlook is that the game is running 3D scenes on both screens, and this puts a huge load on the device. I don't even think it's technically possible for a game running 3D on both screens to run at 60fps on the 3DS. Frame rate is very important to us too, and we threw everything at it to get it running at a stable 30 fps - it look a huge amount of development time to get it running at this speed.

As for the stereoscopic 3D effect, it would have detracted from a game like FS, hence we didn't include it. Also, if we included it, the game would be running at 20 fps. We knew we'd face some criticism to release a game on 3DS without the 3D effect, but we took this decision to favour gameplay.