Practically everyone and their dog HATES this game

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 4/14/2012 11:37:03 PM
Mainly in not liking the car idea and wanting the old way back. Where were you guys back when people were complaining about the games being too stale? Could've used more people who liked the old way to speak up.
---
Pete: He beat himself up. To steal a boat. From himself. He stole his own boat. He's just that stupid. - SlayerDude4462
#2Tortus2Posted 4/15/2012 4:19:31 AM
My friend and I have loads of fun playing this. It seems it's mainly the competitive crowd who don't like it. Not sure how a board game can be classed as competitive though, when you rely on dice rolls. They shouldn't play Monopoly, because that's less conpetitive, what with no minigames and all.

Also, you're right: People have been complaining for years about Mario Party getting too stale, so Nintendo tries something new and people still complain. Believe me, people would complain either way. Developers can never please everyone.
#3IcefrioPosted 4/15/2012 10:06:50 AM
I think I've been vying for Mario Party 3.1 for a long time, so don't ask me.
---
walulegion.blogspot.com
Tons of fun awaits.
#4GenesisOnePosted 4/15/2012 5:55:02 PM
I was happy with the minor changes made to each installment and I expressed that happiness by buying every Mario Party new. That was my way of "speaking up" and I'm honestly surprised that after how well Mario Party 8 sold, Nintendo didn't basically give the green light to a very similar follow-up title.
#5TeaStrifePosted 4/15/2012 6:40:20 PM
I enjoy this game very much, sir.
---
3DS FC: 2750 - 1563 - 9751 (Australian)
Sonic Generations, Mario Kart 7, Dead or Alive: Dimensions
#6PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 7:22:06 PM
I guess it's mostly the people who hate it making the topics around here then.
---
Pete: He beat himself up. To steal a boat. From himself. He stole his own boat. He's just that stupid. - SlayerDude4462
#7MangoTwistazPosted 4/15/2012 10:04:41 PM
Every one of my friends that I've played this with has had a blast, and I enjoy every moment of it. I love 90% of the minigames in this game (the other 10% being the luck based ones, for good reason). It's not mind-numbingly repetitive either.

Maybe it's just the people you know.
#8FanimaXIVPosted 4/15/2012 10:42:33 PM
I was too busy playing the old games to even bother going to their boards. I'm not even touching this game anymore after beating it, so it gives me plenty of time to join in on the MP forum activities.
---
Seriously, I'd like to play a new Wave Race, Outrun, Live-A-Live or Super Spike V'Ball before I quit gaming. Remake or Sequel.
#9Mariofan15Posted 4/16/2012 6:31:07 AM(edited)

From: PT_Piranha | #001
Mainly in not liking the car idea and wanting the old way back. Where were you guys back when people were complaining about the games being too stale? Could've used more people who liked the old way to speak up.


This has nothing to do with the car idea. It's the fact the boards take little to no skill now because of how they're set up. They are extremely luck based. The Dice Block items dont help at all because you can still get screwed over. The Mini-games are the only good things about this game which sucks since I liked the Party Mode aspect of previous games. They tried something new,they screwed up royally by making the boards more luck based then before.
---
Pokemon Black FC:0132-7185-5261
Pokemon White FC:1979-2643-0071
#10Pink_a_DinkPosted 4/16/2012 6:38:31 AM(edited)
This is definitely one of the best Mario Party games out there, especially if you're playing with a good crowd. Its like Just Dance. Might not be the best game but if you play with the right people its tons of fun. I wont tell you to ignore the people who complain about this game being terrible because then they'll whine at me that their opinions don't matter and how mine are facts, or something. So, just tolerate them. As long as you know its a great game, and you enjoy it, let others say what they want. Been playing this with my same cousins for over a month now and we all still enjoy it really much. Main thing people complain about is there being no skill involved in the boards, but common, anything that involves the roll of a die is more luck over skill. Good boards and garbage mini-games are apparently preferred around this board. Everyone go play Mario Party 7, then.