Do I need a nunchuk to play Mario Party 9?

#1PSonefanPosted 5/17/2012 3:44:41 PM
I am thinking of buying Mario Party 9. In the minigames do I need a nunchuk?
The controllers I have are a gold Wii remote and a white Wii remote with a nunchuk (pre Wii Motion Plus)
#2MarioFanaticXVPosted 5/17/2012 4:58:08 PM
No, only the main Wiimote is used in this game.
---
Most of my debate opponents remind me of the Wizard of Oz: They're heartless and their best friend is a strawman without a brain.
#3SaihigPosted 5/18/2012 10:11:37 PM
Which was another dumb move. Why not implement the nunchuck. It' would only allow for better mini games.
---
Are sigs really necessary? Who came up with this stuff?
#4ExternicaPosted 5/19/2012 4:31:54 AM
Saihig posted...
It' would only allow for better mini games.

Like what?
Flagging Rights from MP8 was utterly broken, because the Nunchuk didn't react properly.
The only advantage the Nunchuk would have given us would be a smoother control in minigames like Bomb Barch or Piranha Patch.
But other than that? The "C" and "Z" button would have only replaced "1" and "2", with "A" replacing "2" and "B" for "1". Or an uncomtable playstyle, when all buttons are used.
Or making things overly complicated by plugging the Nunchuk in and out depending on the minigame. And I don't think that's good for the Remote or the Nunchuk.
#5WariofanaticPosted 5/24/2012 4:07:08 PM
Yeah, Wii-chuck really wasn't needed for this... CC/CCPro would have been nice though.
---
All men must choose between two paths. Good is the path of honor, heroism, and nobility. Evil.... Well, it's just cooler.
http://i41.tinypic.com/fxs275.jpg