This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Roster I wish to see.

#11Drag0nBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:27:03 PM
Geno posted...
I'm fine with F-Zero getting more reps, but it's a racing game. The only reason why Captain Falcon got in SSB64 was because they were lazy with the resources from the origin game it was supposed to be before Smash, and Captain Falcon lined up with an existing model, so they put him in. Otherwise, to be frank, I doubt F-Zero would've gotten a single representative in three whole games.

Quite possible. But he is in still and there are more F-zero games then Mother games.

And why're you comparing F-Zero to Mother? The two series have nothing in common. But since you've gone and done it, then fine. Mother is extremely popular still in Japan (something F-Zero is not, because if it was, they'd have actually released a new game), and has a fairly strong cult following here in America. Just because Mother 3 wasn't released here in America isn't really indicative of anything. It was still released in Japan, it was still popular amongst the Japanese (and those of us here in America that've played it) and that's all it really needs.

And we have Lucas. This is as bad as Starfox getting 4 reps in the next one.

Having said that, your scope for potential representatives for Mother is awfully slim. Claus is certainly a possibility as his alter-ego, but there's also Duster, Kumatora, Boney, Flint, Jeff, Poo, Loid, Teddy, Giygas/Giegue.. it's an RPG series, it's got a lot to draw on.

Most of which do not really matter in the long run. As far as recognizable goes, we do not need side characters thrown in from a 3 game series. Pulling from most of those is reaching similar to Metroid fans begging for anything other than ridley or Dark samus.

Besides, I'm not asking for a million Mother reps. If I got just one last one, a third representative, I'd be wholly satisfied and ask nothing more from the series. I got Lucas in Brawl, but he didn't scratch that itch for me

Problem is that this itch will never go away. Why did Lucas not satisfy it? a three game series, where the last game was released 2006
(In contrast F-zero last release was 2004 at a total of 6 games.)

Hell Fire emblem deserves more characters then Mother and F-zero. Need an RPG rep. Pull from there.
---
I make video games.
#12GenoPosted 2/6/2013 2:40:10 PM(edited)
Drag0nBlade posted...
Quite possible. But he is in still and there are more F-zero games then Mother games.

Again with that. Does that help you sleep at night? It's quality over quantity. Mother's got quality in spades, with three successful games, but F-Zero's had its share of bad games. F-Zero is a racing game. Anyone can pump out sequels for racing games.

Besides, all of the F-Zero resources are going to Mario Kart, I bet. :P

And we have Lucas. This is as bad as Starfox getting 4 reps in the next one.

I'd be fine with them getting rid of Lucas to put in someone else. And I think you might be surprised about Star Fox.

Most of which do not really matter in the long run. As far as recognizable goes, we do not need side characters thrown in from a 3 game series. Pulling from most of those is reaching similar to Metroid fans begging for anything other than ridley or Dark samus.

Claus, Duster, Kumatora, Boney, Jeff, Poo, and Loid are all prominent characters throughout their storylines, amongst others. They aren't bit parts.

I'm pulling for those characters because they are, at least compared to Dark Samus, reasonable additions. I don't really think it's particularly fair to say that when you've got Waluigi on your roster. He's been in sports games, what makes him worth putting in even as DLC? You're just a bandwagoner. Only difference is that you were clearly a pioneer.

Problem is that this itch will never go away. Why did Lucas not satisfy it? a three game series, where the last game was released 2006
(In contrast F-zero last release was 2004 at a total of 6 games.)

Lucas didn't satisfy the itch because I feel that they didn't work hard enough to differentiate Lucas from Ness. They both functioned similarly and accomplished the same things. They even shared the same glitches.

And here we go again with the game count. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

Hell Fire emblem deserves more characters then Mother and F-zero. Need an RPG rep. Pull from there.

I agree. I want to see more Fire Emblem reps, but after two games, I don't trust them to choose the right ones. That's why I pull from Mother instead. At least they're somewhat unique, use different weapons and don't have swords and blue hair.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853