POLL: What if the roster cap was 40 (45 with transformations)? Which roster...

#21LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/17/2013 10:11:03 PM
I like how Takamaru (a character that generally gets no support on this board) and Miis (probably the most hated possible first party newcomer out there) are included in the 1st roster and how roster 2 features Palutena, K. Rool, and Shulk, 3 of the most popular newcomer suggestions.

If you want to make a fair poll, then just give us a list of 10 potential newcomers, make the options "5 of these are chosen and there are no cuts" and "all 10 are chosen, but there are 5 cuts", and leave it like that. Otherwise, this comes off as somewhat biased.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#22liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:22:38 PM(edited)
LegendofLegaia posted...
I like how Takamaru (a character that generally gets no support on this board) and Miis (probably the most hated possible first party newcomer out there) are included in the 1st roster and how roster 2 features Palutena, K. Rool, and Shulk, 3 of the most popular newcomer suggestions.

If you want to make a fair poll, then just give us a list of 10 potential newcomers, make the options "5 of these are chosen and there are no cuts" and "all 10 are chosen, but there are 5 cuts", and leave it like that. Otherwise, this comes off as somewhat biased.

I understand, but that pole I made yesterday was rather similar to your suggestion, except I gave the option of how many (0-9) they would want cut.

I just tried to made the rosters based on who I thought would get in, not who I would want to get in. Dillon being the exceptional curveball, though.

EDIT- I misread your post. I was just going based off what 5 I thought were more likely, but I suppose doing it that way could be interesting, too.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/6yh0dl.jpg
#23Elec Man EXEPosted 2/17/2013 10:22:09 PM
liveman789 posted...
Mottman posted...
liveman789, you could create a 140-character roster, and SOMEONE here would inevitably say it was total garbage and they wouldn't buy it. Don't bother thinking you'll ever please everybody here, it will greatly reduce the level of stress in your life.

I'm totally aware of that, lol. It doesn't cause me any stress, this is but a tiny figment of a part of my life. I just try and get some realistic thinking into some of these people.

My Top10 wanted characters are (not nessicarily in order, though the top 3 are pretty set)...

Isaac
Ray 01
Krystal
Genesect
Ridley
K. Rool
Mega Man
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Banjo-Kazooie

A couple of those are perhaps unlikely (Krystal and Ray, though in the later case he does at least have an AT appearence to show they're at least aware of the character and series) and BK is never in a million years going to happen. but other than that, are you really going to tell me that my wants aren't reasonable? That your list is the only characters with a reasonable shot, there's no one else?
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#24liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:33:30 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
liveman789 posted...
Mottman posted...
liveman789, you could create a 140-character roster, and SOMEONE here would inevitably say it was total garbage and they wouldn't buy it. Don't bother thinking you'll ever please everybody here, it will greatly reduce the level of stress in your life.

I'm totally aware of that, lol. It doesn't cause me any stress, this is but a tiny figment of a part of my life. I just try and get some realistic thinking into some of these people.

My Top10 wanted characters are (not nessicarily in order, though the top 3 are pretty set)...

Isaac
Ray 01
Krystal
Genesect
Ridley
K. Rool
Mega Man
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Banjo-Kazooie

A couple of those are perhaps unlikely (Krystal and Ray, though in the later case he does at least have an AT appearence to show they're at least aware of the character and series) and BK is never in a million years going to happen. but other than that, are you really going to tell me that my wants aren't reasonable? That your list is the only characters with a reasonable shot, there's no one else?

Lol no, I'm not saying my ten opinions of who is most likely are the only reasonable ones.

Isaac- Maybe, but his assist trophy status kind of hurts his chances. He did have a game after Brawl like Little Mac, though. The only difference is that Little Mac is an old classic.

Ray 01- See above, though I don't think he's as likely.

Krystal- I personally hate her. But, I suppose she is reasonable. I think there are at least 20 characters that deserve inclusion more than her, though.

Genesect- In the roster already, so I explained.

Ridley- I really don't think he's getting in. He's been one of the most requested since the series existed, but never got in as a playable character. In Brawl, Zero Suit Samus was added as a new Metroid rep instead of him. I think Ridley is going to be a boss for the rest of his existence.

K. Rool- In my roster, so I explained.

Mega Man- Reasonable in that he is the most requested third party candidate. Other than that, though, he seems like a longshot given his relevance these days and Capcom's use of him.

Bowser Jr.- Definitely the best choice if Mario gets another rep. I only didn't add him to this roster because it was very limited in size.

Shulk- In my roster, so I explained.

Banjo-Kazooie- Pretty much what you said.

If I'm 100% right, by some miracle, you'll at least get 3 of your top ten newcomers in, lol.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/6yh0dl.jpg
#25Pikachutwo2Posted 2/18/2013 1:44:47 AM
I like your first roster better.
I would've love it if it was K. Rool instead of Chrom though.
I always love the choices for Brawl a lot (except for Snake), so I don't really want any character cuts.
#26Blazekicker27Posted 2/18/2013 10:39:11 AM
1st roster has Little Mac, one of my top 10, and Takamaru, two characters I want. However, it also has Mii, my least wanted newcomer. I'm indifferent to Chrom and Pac-Man.

2nd roster has those along with K. Rool, Shulk, and Palutena, three more of my top 10. Genesect and Dillon could also be cool. However, it cuts Toon Link, Falco, Ike, and Lucas, some of my favorite characters to play as (not to mention my favorite character to play as from each of their respective series).

Overall I prefer the 2nd roster.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#27TheMasterTurtlePosted 2/18/2013 11:03:51 AM
I like option B a lot, other then Mii and the cutting of Ike.

8/10
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#28Hawke0Posted 2/18/2013 11:15:51 AM
liveman789 posted...
Mottman posted...

A valiant but futile effort.
---
Little Mac, Pious Augustus, Mr. Dream, Ridley and Hawke for SSB4.