Roster topic...(not another dream roster thing)

#1Arcangel22Posted 6/11/2013 2:38:57 PM
So at this point, we don't know what to expect since it's been stated that Sakurai will not add much as well as the statement that he is. Both could be believable, but I don't imagine the roster getting near something like UMvC3/MvC2's rosters of 50/52 respectively.

Right now-as of the trailer-we at least a couple more characters that are really likely to join the fray. At the expense of cuts or not, who knows? Regardless, this is more of a topic to discuss what might be the most optimal/acceptable changes to the roster to make room for newcomers and at the same time make minimal cuts.

Let's say we take a page from Melee to Brawl. That was five characters cut (Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Roy). So let's say Brawl to Smash 4 once again cuts five characters-no more, no less.

With the inclusion of MM, Villager, and WFT, that would put the roster at 37 characters. Following both statements in terms of how many Sakurai will be putting into the game, I would say 41-46 is what could best be expected. With that, there's room for 4-9 more newcomers into the new game. That sounds pretty reasonable to me if the competitive scene gets more attention than Brawl, which would be nice to see Sakurai acknowledging those fans considering how Brawl went over.

What are your thoughts on this? Would this be pretty reasonable/what we could see? Figured I'd try to make a topic more about the formation of the roster rather than force a discussion on what characters could end up in one.
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian