Playable Character Roster Speculations

#1nharmPosted 6/11/2013 8:11:11 PM
From the blank portraits on the official site, 12/18 characters have been revealed...
Of the remaining, you would think the following:

FO SHO MAN: luigi (it's his year)
MOST LIKELY: captain falcon, yoshi, insert pokemon here
SPECULATIVE: ness OR lucas (only one can survive), olimar, snake, sonic, tetra, isaac

There are ~2 character slots that could surprise. What do you guys' think about my projections?
#2epik_fail1Posted 6/11/2013 8:13:05 PM
nharm posted...
From the blank portraits on the official site, 12/18 characters have been revealed...
Of the remaining, you would think the following:

FO SHO MAN: luigi (it's his year)
MOST LIKELY: captain falcon, yoshi, insert pokemon here
SPECULATIVE: ness OR lucas (only one can survive), olimar, snake, sonic, tetra, isaac

There are ~2 character slots that could surprise. What do you guys' think about my projections?

Yoshi *insert veteran #1* *insert veteran #2* Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii.
---
Mewtwo should strike back and be included in SSB4...! People who agree : 43
#3_Super_Shadow_Posted 6/11/2013 8:18:05 PM
You are taking that wayyyyy to literally.
They would never, ever give the roster size this early. The game doesnt even have a release date, and on all smash bros games, they actually changed the amount of characters at the very end.

In the original, meowth, mewtwo, peach, bowser, and more were meant to be playable but werent.

In melee, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Gannondrof, Roy, etc were added last minute to make the roster bigger.

Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were all really late additions, Sonic being implemented to late to be appear in the story, and Characters like Mewtwo, Toon Zelda, Dixie, Plusle, Minun, and more were all unable to make it.

Do not focus on this to much at all. There will be more than 18 characters, im willing to bet money on it.
---
Lucina, Newtwo, Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving for SSB4
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4320/ssb4roster.png
#4nharm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 8:29:09 PM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
You are taking that wayyyyy to literally.
They would never, ever give the roster size this early. The game doesnt even have a release date, and on all smash bros games, they actually changed the amount of characters at the very end.
Do not focus on this to much at all. There will be more than 18 characters, im willing to bet money on it.

I understand your point.. but Nintendo will focus on balancing this go around, therefore each character will take longer to develop into the fighter he/she was intended to be...Before the WiiU/3DS iteration, the balance once measured by Sakurai. Now the measurements will be taken as a team, so there will be less characters than in Brawl.
#5Soanevalcke6Posted 6/11/2013 8:31:34 PM
nharm posted...
so there will be less characters than in Brawl.

Haha, good one.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards. They have yet to make visual contact.
Paper Mario, Dark Samus, Bayonetta for SSB4 / PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#6_Shadownite_Posted 6/11/2013 8:33:25 PM
The remaining members of the original 12 are all but confirmed:
Yoshi
Jigglypuff (especially with its new typing for Gen 6)
Captain Falcon
Ness
Luigi

Likely returning (IMO):
Marth
Zelda
Ganondorf
Peach
Olimar (Pikmin 3 is coming out)
Diddy Kong
Falco
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Zero Suit Samus

Middle odds (IMO):
Sonic
Lucas
Ike (may get swapped for Chrom)
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario (may get swapped for a gen 6 pokemon or Mewtwo)
R.O.B.
Toon Link (May get swapped for new 3DS Link)

Dunno (IMO):
Snake
Wolf (two semi-clones of Fox seems like a bit much)
#7NightinanglePosted 6/11/2013 8:34:49 PM
Those from 64 version will be in them all.
That is my speculation.
I just want Chrom and Priam :(
---
Date all the pokepeople!!! Because artificial intelligence is better than the stupid reality