Villager and Wii Fit Trainer really shakes up the roster-creation dynamic.

#11SilverSockPosted 6/12/2013 1:11:30 AM
The Villager is no normal human. Those eyes...
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
#12SkilletTheWhatPosted 6/12/2013 1:25:33 AM
Everyone should have known better. Either this is the first rodeo for most people or they have a short memory because this is a lesson we've learned time and time again. There are no rules, nothing is obvious and nothing is a given.

It feels like everyone wants to imbue these imaginary rules and regulations into their reasoning that will govern the character selection criteria from now until the end of days, but every time there's some sort of "rule" it undeniably gets broken.

Nano-Fury, R.O.B., Mega Man's absence in MvC3, Tron Bonne being playable in MvC3 despite appearing in the background (as did Doomsday with Injustice), Animal Crosser having no movelist potential, Killer Frost, Wii Fit Trainer, Phoenix Wright, Freddy Kreuger, etc. I could go on and on and on.

I don't know what it will take to make people realize that their reasons for who deserves what and who will not be in and why don't mean anything. On the other hand it's great to speculate and that's why people come to forums... I just hope finally people be less abrasive and dogmatic about their lists and opinions.

Will this change things? Undeniably -- as it should. Let's hope people approach discussions with an open mind around here from now on.
---
Official Arthur of the MvC3 Boards
#13Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 1:29:42 AM
Well, again, the Villager DID have Sakurai going against it. :v
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#14JNP2000Posted 6/12/2013 2:31:10 AM
To be honest a lot of people that try to predict rosters have boring rosters. They always keep they're choice of characters within 1st party series that are already represented in the smash bros character roster (mario, donkey kong, zelda, pokemon, etc) and then add a bunch of third party characters like rayman, simon belmont, etc. A lot of people forget that smash bros is a NINTENDO fighting game and since brawl it started to have 3rd party guest characters. Sakurai even said that he tries to narrow it down in this smash bros (so dont be suprised if megaman will be the only third party in the game) Here is the source http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/07/dont-expect-super-smash-bros-to-go-3d-says-director-sakurai/

As for the choice of first party characters. Smash bros had lots of unexpected characters in the past. Ness, Marth (both of there series were not well known outside of japan), Captain Falcon (was never seen fighting only racing), Mr Game and Watch (classic and didn't really had a name before Melee), ROB (classic and NES peripheral) and now Wii Fit Trainer (do I really have to explain this hahaha). Also Roy first appearance was in smash bros melee not fire emblem. His game was released later.

It looks like lots of people who make these rosters don't know a thing about nintendo, and when they do they will always say things like that certain characters aren't popular enough, japan only, are not made to fight or only appeared in one game. Its funny that all these arguments can be placed on a lot of characters in the roster, like the ice climbers and sheik who only appeared in one game before they're appearance in smash.

Some say nintendo has used all they're big names or that nintendo doesn't have any series left (are you kidding me). Its smash bros it already has mario, link, pikachu, etc in it so it doesn't matter if they use lesser big characters or even not well known characters, besides its almost impossible to find a video game character that comes near the popularity of characters like mario, link and pikachu (and I am not just talking about nintendo characters here). As for 1st party series that can transfer to the character list in smash bros.

Xenoblade Chronicles
great game thats well received, nintendo can use the character shulk to make the game more well known
Punch-out
A classic thats been reborn on the wii
Golden Sun
was quite popular on the game boy advance and had a new game on the ds
The Wonderful 101
new game that looks great and nintendo can use Wonderful Red (the main character) to promote the game.

Sin and Punishment, Dillons Rolling Western, Wii series, Nazo no Murasame-jo, Duck Hunt, Mach Rider, Last Story, Sakura Samurai, Joy Mech Fight, Mole Mania and the list goes on. Nintendo has enough classic and modern games both well known and less well known.
#15ShurikonoPosted 6/12/2013 7:44:36 AM
@ JNP2000

Not bashing your grammar but please learn the differences between they're and their. Made the read distracting for me anyway. >.>
---
Mach Rider, Takamaru and Ashley & Red for SSBU.
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#16OssiTheGreatPosted 6/12/2013 7:46:40 AM
Hopefully they add Miis as something to customize. In that case Mii versions of excluded characters (like Geno) could be made =o
---
Sensei of the great art of Trolling
http://tinyurl.com/7485r83
#17Darkflame411Posted 6/12/2013 7:48:23 AM
Didn't you hear? The villager is going to go to town on everyone's respective ass. All the same Non fighters were always an option, Game and Watch Cpt.Falcon and Rob were definitely not fighters before their reveals in their respective games.
#18ThePirateEliPosted 6/12/2013 7:51:59 AM
Captain Falcon wasn't a fighter. He just got a punch and kick with his name before it.
---
This is my signature.
#19JNP2000Posted 6/12/2013 4:09:00 PM
@ Shurikono

Sorry english isn't my first language. I read, listen and speak it a lot, but I dont write it a lot, so thats why I made that mistake.