This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Better Roster

#11feeltheninjutsuPosted 6/14/2013 5:55:31 PM
Any roster that includes toad gets a 0/10
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco
#12coooldanman22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 5:56:52 PM
Ridley isn't too big, look at the intro movie of melee, at the size you see it in their, it would be perfect as a smash character.
#13thechaoticclownPosted 6/14/2013 6:00:20 PM
Really? Toad, Tom Nook and Mii. bad character choices there.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbFLSfHqQ8
Favourite Zelda song from my favourite Zelda series scene.
#14coooldanman22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:01:23 PM
Adding to Ike, because apparently I can't edit ( :( ) he was in 2 FE games, the latest came out what, 5 years ago now? If FE did get 3 reps, it would most likely be Marth, Chrom, and Lucina or a char from a new unreleased game as promotion.
#15LanceDrakePosted 6/14/2013 6:03:50 PM
coooldanman22 posted...
LanceDrake posted...
Would be completely ok with this roster if Ike and Wolf weren't cut, and Mii can GTFO.

And how many times must I say Wolf is not an effing clone? Him and Fox are 90% different, I swear.

I understand where you're coming from, but Wolf is pretty similar to Fox, and if cuts have to be made, I believe semi-clones and sword-wielders would be the first to go. I love Ike (He was my main in brawl :D), but he's realistically a likely cut.

You say you understand where I am coming from, yet you acknowledge that Falco is also cloney, but should simply be declonified somewhat so he can stay. And yet, like I said, Wolf is already 90% different, so why should he not stay? All of his normals, smashes, and throws are entirely different, and while his specials may be similar, they mostly behave very differently.

Plus, I think it's better to have 1 protagonist and 1 antagonist in Smash than 2 protagonists with no other character rep.

Also, I don't see the problem with sword wielders. That's like saying there's too many melee based characters, so I guess Luigi should be cut, since Mario is already repped.

Besides, there are only 6 sword based characters in Brawl, that being Link, Toon Link (whom many speculate is getting cut already), Pit, Meta Knight, Marth, and Ike. That's less than 1/6 of the roster. I don't think we're pushing the limit for sword based characters yet. It's certainly less of an issue than the gun focus in PlayStation All Stars, in which 1/3 of the roster (DLC included) had their movesets based around guns.
#16coooldanman22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:09:21 PM
thechaoticclown posted...
Really? Toad, Tom Nook and Mii. bad character choices there.

Toad is a pretty important Mario character. He's playable in quite a few games, is playable in most the spinoffs, and is relatively popular. The olny other Mario rep with a chance would be Bowser Jr.

Tom Nook is the icon of the Animal Crossing series. He could end up as quite an interesting joke character.

Mii has been leaked and it's a Nintendo game, of course they're gonna try to squeeze Miis in there. I honestly don't want him in, but I figured I should put in the 6 confirmed and leaked.
#17feeltheninjutsuPosted 6/14/2013 6:11:32 PM
We don't need more Mario characters. Toad would be the most boring character ever added.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco
#18coooldanman22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:19:14 PM
LanceDrake posted...
coooldanman22 posted...
LanceDrake posted...
Would be completely ok with this roster if Ike and Wolf weren't cut, and Mii can GTFO.

And how many times must I say Wolf is not an effing clone? Him and Fox are 90% different, I swear.

I understand where you're coming from, but Wolf is pretty similar to Fox, and if cuts have to be made, I believe semi-clones and sword-wielders would be the first to go. I love Ike (He was my main in brawl :D), but he's realistically a likely cut.

You say you understand where I am coming from, yet you acknowledge that Falco is also cloney, but should simply be declonified somewhat so he can stay. And yet, like I said, Wolf is already 90% different, so why should he not stay? All of his normals, smashes, and throws are entirely different, and while his specials may be similar, they mostly behave very differently.

Plus, I think it's better to have 1 protagonist and 1 antagonist in Smash than 2 protagonists with no other character rep.

Also, I don't see the problem with sword wielders. That's like saying there's too many melee based characters, so I guess Luigi should be cut, since Mario is already repped.

Besides, there are only 6 sword based characters in Brawl, that being Link, Toon Link (whom many speculate is getting cut already), Pit, Meta Knight, Marth, and Ike. That's less than 1/6 of the roster. I don't think we're pushing the limit for sword based characters yet. It's certainly less of an issue than the gun focus in PlayStation All Stars, in which 1/3 of the roster (DLC included) had their movesets based around guns.

I could see all three staying, but if cuts had to be made, I think it would be the newer Wolf over Falco, but it would make sense for him to stay over Falco.

also
Adding to Ike, because apparently I can't edit ( :( ) he was in 2 FE games, the latest came out what, 5 years ago now? If FE did get 3 reps, it would most likely be Marth, Chrom, and Lucina or a char from a new unreleased game as promotion.

Finally, with Chrom added, Sword-using Ganondorf, Issac added, counting Ike but not toony, we would have 9/49 or almost 1/5 sword users.
#19eclipse_exePosted 6/14/2013 6:25:16 PM
a little small for my tastes ( yes i know sakurai said that he's going to have limitations but there is no reason to think he means roster size. i'd expect at least 45 slots) but otherwise not bad.. my only issues are a few of your cuts

Lucario: still fairly popular and contrary to what people believe is not a clone of mewtwo.. besides if mario can get 5 reps so can pokemon.

Wolf: you claim to be removing clones, yet falco is even more of a clone than wolf. ( seriously, the only things that are the same between them are the b's and even those are changed a little) on top of this wolf has a lot more relevance to his series than falco. being a sort of rival to fox and the closest thing we can get to a villain for the series. i'd suggest swapping the 2 around if you swear to keep the series to 2 reps.

Ike: litterally no reason he should be cut, he represents an entriely different section of fire emblem and is the lord most people think of in the us. ( well, besides roy but hes thought of more for his role in smash than his role in fire emblem) fire emblem is more than good enough for three reps, even if i disagree with the idea of three blue haired swordsmen ( i'd rather robin or michiah but thats all personal opinion)

other than that my only issue is the lack of major misc reps ( shulk, takamaru, lip) and the fact you're giving animal crossing 2 reps and including another generic rep in the mii.

overalll i'd give it a 7.5/10, a few major issues but most can be fixed by simply expanding to a more reasonable size.
---
psn: supersoniccd
White 2 FC: 051967901419
#20LanceDrakePosted 6/14/2013 6:32:41 PM
coooldanman22 posted...
I could see all three staying, but if cuts had to be made, I think it would be the newer Wolf over Falco, but it would make sense for him to stay over Falco.

also

Finally, with Chrom added, Sword-using Ganondorf, Issac added, counting Ike but not toony, we would have 9/49 or almost 1/5 sword users.

Okay, I'll give you the veteran status. That argument definitely helps, but it still seems rather weak.

And 20% of the roster with swords? Still doesn't sound horrible to me, long as they all play uniquely. Pit's already tough to match with his double sword/bow thing, and Meta Knight's really small and really quick. I can see Ike and Sword Ganondorf being similar with their speed, and Link is more average speed (but he's more unique due to his specials), while Marth is more fast speed. I wouldn't know how Chrom or Isaac play, but if they can fit into the average and fast speed categories, then you have a pretty well balanced cast of unique sword wielders.