My roster (because why not?)

#11Dinoman96Posted 6/17/2013 7:41:10 PM
"Magolor (Sakurai wants him as a recurring character)"

what?

also while i do want another ki character there's no way there's gonna be two or three more, made by sakurai or not. it should just be Palutena and Pit alone and no one else.
---
wargle gargle
#12Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:42:19 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Abugumgum posted...
1/10

You get no points for laying out a situation where the roster has the potential to be absurdly large yet you still cut perfectly fine characters and replace them with fringe supporting cast members.

Why keep Toon Link? I can kind of understand Ike and Snake. Lucario probably won't make it anyway.

Because of all possible Nintendo characters, Link is one of the few with an alternate form that is actually different/popular/memorable/iconic enough to deserve another spot on the roster. Toon Link plays very different from Link in that his proportions, size, and speed are more different than any character and their clone in the series. Not only that,but when it comes to adding characters that bring something unique to the table, it's not only about their special attacks. It is also about how the character feels and how they contrast with other characters. Toon Link is visually unique and represents a huge part of the Zelda series.Young Link was a clone in melee, and this was carried over to Toon Link in brawl because there are people who prefer the faster smaller Link. The "no clone" mentality is simple minded.

But honestly, that is the least of the problems of your list. I mean, you added Ghirahim and Demise lol...

Okay, valid point, but maybe it can be a different type of Link rather than Toon. Maybe Classic Link can retain that speed, or maybe Young Link can return.

I had no other ideas for Zelda reps, honestly. If the Wii U Zelda comes out beforehand, maybe something from that.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#13Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:44:42 PM
Dinoman96 posted...
"Magolor (Sakurai wants him as a recurring character)"

what?

I could've sworn I heard this from somewhere, but I forgot. Sorry.
---
#14AbugumgumPosted 6/17/2013 7:47:32 PM
Because Toon Link has been in 6 games plus Wind Waker HD which just came out. And because classic Link unless you go back to the original Legend of Zelda is closer to the height of adult Link. Toon Link is the most diverse one.
#15Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:48:30 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Because Toon Link has been in 6 games plus Wind Waker HD which just came out. And because classic Link unless you go back to the original Legend of Zelda is closer to the height of adult Link. Toon Link is the most diverse one.

I feel stupid for forgetting about Wind Waker HD.

Toon Link was seen on the train stage in the trailer, though. That's one of the reasons why I put him on the cut list.
---
#16Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:59:02 PM
GOLD_sonic posted...
2/10

Actually try next time, okay TC?

I did try.

I guess I'm just bad at lists.
---