This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it confirmed that the roster will be smaller?

#1Mudkip43Posted 6/19/2013 4:24:11 AM
I just want to know I have seen many people say that it will be.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#2ThisAnvilPosted 6/19/2013 4:33:27 AM
No.

Sakurai just said not to expect a major leap in numbers. People, as usual take that the wrong way.
---
But Aquaman. You cannot marry a woman without gills... You're from two different worlds.
#3OssiTheGreatPosted 6/19/2013 4:34:39 AM(edited)
Just the good old "light your torch"-response as usual around here.
---
Sensei of the great art of Trolling
http://tinyurl.com/7485r83
#4sterlingtygerPosted 6/19/2013 4:34:51 AM
Sakurai said in an interview "I think we may have reached the limit of what is possible in terms of characters." This was several months ago and who knows the exact meaning(Perhaps he meant that we'll probably only see a MAXIMUM of 15 /newcomers/? We kinda DID hit the maximum newcomers in Brawl, didn't we?)

He said in a different interview, more recently, that certain characters(he used Ice Climbers as an example) were giving the 3DS version trouble, and that "Some characters may have to be reduced to some extent." This MOST LIKELY has nothing to do with the roster, and more to do with specific characters having alterations in the 3DS version.

Believe what you want to believe.
#5Solar_CrimsonPosted 6/19/2013 4:35:02 AM
People think this because:
-One interview before E3 mentioned that Sakurai said that the roster size hit its peak with Brawl, and that he was going to focus more on mechanics this time around.
-Sakurai's mention that he wanted both the Wii U version and the 3DS version to have the same characters, but he was also having trouble working with the 3DS' limitations.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#6ThisAnvilPosted 6/19/2013 4:36:50 AM
He also said that they're working hard on adding as many characters as possible, but of course people always forget that, conveniantly.
---
But Aquaman. You cannot marry a woman without gills... You're from two different worlds.
#7EarthLord_CJPosted 6/19/2013 6:02:36 AM
We won't have less characters, but cuts may be possible to make way for newcomers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#8SeromontisPosted 6/19/2013 6:04:57 AM
Not confirmed yet. I'm hoping for less characters though. I think 28-30 would be perfect.
#9ThisAnvilPosted 6/19/2013 6:05:48 AM
Seromontis posted...
Not confirmed yet. I'm hoping for less characters though. I think 28-30 would be perfect.

GTFO and go play Melee then.
---
#10Chzrm3Posted 6/20/2013 10:16:26 AM
I'd honestly be surprised if we had more than 40. Brawl had 39, and that was seriously insane. Now his team is working on a 3DS and a Wii-U version simultaneously, so every character is significantly more complicated to pull off.

I'm not basing my assumption on things he's said in interviews, just on how difficult I think it's going to be to match Brawl, considering Brawl wasn't being made alongside a handheld counterpart.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.