This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think people are vastly overestimating characters cuts

#1Vaztor71Posted 6/19/2013 11:48:34 AM
Sakurai expressed very similar sentiments about character cuts before Brawl.

And yet somehow, all the original characters made it back, sans Mewtwo who was "reborn" as Lucario. Even Falco, and Young Link found a way to make it in.

Sakurai knows how important each character is and I imagine he's going to attempt to salvage as many as he possibly can. Especially in light of his comments about not focusing on expanding the roster as much as previous games.
---
Brawl is the best game ever.
http://i.imgur.com/MvHlH.jpg
#2sylawatchPosted 6/19/2013 11:50:04 AM
We aren't seeing a huge increase in the roster though.
---
Owain, Ashley, Toad, Ridley, Vaati, Rosalina, Bayoneta and Paper Mario For SSB4....
#3SaikyoBroPosted 6/19/2013 11:56:11 AM
I agree. People here seem so quick to dismiss characters for ridiculous reasons. Apparently Chrom and Ike can't co-exist, Toon Link has no chance of being in since he's on the Spirit Train stage (despite the WW Link and Spirit Tracks Link not even being the same character), anyone with any shared special moves is out regardless of their importance to their series, and the Ice Climbers, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Pokemon Trainer are all out because the 3DS is completely unable to handle multiple characters in one.

I dunno, people just really have a hard time understanding what Sakurai is trying to say and run wild with assumptions.
#4PanZeroBRPosted 6/19/2013 12:39:38 PM
The 3DS is unable to have 2 characters in one? Where did you see that?
---
Wii loves it, and wii hugs it, and sometimes, wii touch it in private places... - Drameshi