This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Man's final smash: Mega Man X

#21kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 5:16:27 PM
CopShow Guy posted...
The whole purpose of the Ice Climbers is to climb glaciers. Watch as I give Mega Man something similar to that effect: Dr. Wily appears and starts bombarding the battlefield with generic robots and his capsule.

I can't very well explain whatever Luigi is doing. People say that he taps into his negative feelings and projects them outwards. Giving Mega Man something in that nature: Mega Man takes off his helmet, stares towards the skybox while gusting winds push all other characters to the side of the screen.

Mega Man turning into X. Giving a FS of that type to some other character: Well I guess Bowser turning into Giga Bowser is somewhat similar to that. Samus turning into Dark Samus. Link turning into Wind Waker Link. Pit turning into Dark Pit?

My point is that X and Mega Man aren't related. They've never interacted in any sort of context (outside of the awesome Ruby Spears cartoon). All current FSs are with have a sense of believability. Suspension of disbelief is broken in the Mega Man turns into X idea.

It doesn't even have to be "Mega Man becomes X". It could be "Mega Man is replaced momentarily by X". Blame it on a freak teleporter accident and bam. Your irrational need for Smash to make sense is fulfilled.

And you really don't see how two characters that are nearly identical in appearance and are from the same company and developers are related? Two characters that have similar personalities and are created by the same inventor? I get you're talking about the canon itself, but they are very clearly related and you're talking to me like I want Mega Man's Final Smash to be him summoning Master Chief or something.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#22AwesomeAshleyPosted 6/19/2013 5:21:24 PM
That's like making PT's Final Smash using gen 2 Pokemon.
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
"PROTECT YOU COWS!!" - purplezoroark
#23SSBR10Posted 6/19/2013 5:28:22 PM
This doesn't make any sense. He already has enough potential abilities for a Final Smash anyway.

Also, to me, Mega Man represents the entire franchise, including the X series.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man(c), Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#24kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 5:42:58 PM
AwesomeAshley posted...
That's like making PT's Final Smash using gen 2 Pokemon.

Except it's not even remotely like that because X is a different character but with extreme similarities. Whereas there is no such analogue for Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard in Gen 2 (or any gen) with such similarity.

Try again, sunshine. But this time think first.
---
#25kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 5:49:27 PM
SSBR10 posted...
This doesn't make any sense. He already has enough potential abilities for a Final Smash anyway.

A: Such as? Another generic big attack, like half the cast? Rush Mode, which would probably be similar to Diddy or Yoshi? If you can say how it would be different I'd be all ears.

B: X would be cool because, while it would be similar to the concept of Wario Man, the character differences would provide the uniqueness lost in a big ole beam or Rush Mode (unless, again, you can explain a Rush Mode that isn't a glorified palette swap of Super Yoshi).

Mega Man's moves derive from his arsenal of Robot Masters. Well, X has his own collection of Maverick weapons that would allow his gameplay to be an enhanced version of Mega's. The moves themselves, like X, could be similar yet different. His armor plating would make him tougher as well, like any good final smash, and it would be a nice reference to half the games in the series.

I'm not saying I'm absolutely right and people who disagree are absolutely wrong, or stupid, or whatever. But come on, y'all. Your arguments need a bit more juice than what you're pumping if you wanna make any sense here. It's way too easy to counter you.
---
#26xanthan1Posted 6/19/2013 5:53:04 PM
No. Bad idea. They are not the same character. If anything it would be something like the screen clearing abilities he's had or Rush Armor. Just randomly being replaced by a totally different character is stupid.
#27kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 5:56:13 PM
xanthan1 posted...
No. Bad idea. They are not the same character. If anything it would be something like the screen clearing abilities he's had or Rush Armor. Just randomly being replaced by a totally different character is stupid.

How original and exciting! I love it when people read through the topic before posting, it helps keeps the conversation moving in an interesting direction rather than forcing rehashes of the same tired back-and-forth.

You sir are not what is wrong with GameFAQs.
---
#28Blues255Posted 6/19/2013 6:14:07 PM
Not all Final Smashes are unique. Besides, your argument against Rush Mode it being too similar to Yoshi's and Diddy Kong's can be made for X being too similar to Warioman. Except that the argument is flawed to begin with.

I'm sure your ideas for X are very different to Warioman, so for Rush Mode, why not give Mega Man a jetpack instead of flight, gaining height by holding the jump button instead, and instead of generic, big explode-y fireballs, give him huge punches like his Rush Power Adaptor instead:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/File:PowerMegaMan.jpg

As for why I think X is a silly idea to begin with (although the X series are my favourite Mega Man series), here's the reason: In the developer direct for SSB4, Sakurai said
"Maintaining his NES was a top priority."
Putting X in as a final smash is contradictory, isn't it? There's a bunch of other potential final smashes for Mega Man anyway.
---
As long as Mike Jones makes it to SSB4, I won't care about who else gets in.
#29LordBowserPosted 6/19/2013 6:19:02 PM(edited)
kamikazetomato posted...
Yes, they are separate entities. But Jigglypuff never turns gigantic in Pokemon games, Luigi can't summon hellish shadow forces and Game and Watch and Octopus are two separate entities as well.

It'd be an awesome way to get the X series represented while keeping the main focus on the classic series.

No.

There are much better and more iconic abilities Mega man could use as a final smash than to transform into an unrelated character that, as far as SSB goes, would not be special, look different, or be stronger in any way.

Based off of your posts in this thread, you sound obsessed with X. It's time to let it go. This isn't Mega Man X, this is Mega Man, from the NES. Sorry.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#30kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 6:18:27 PM
Blues255 posted...
There's a bunch of other potential final smashes for Mega Man anyway.

People keep saying this like it's self-evident without leaving actual examples.

And considering this is a board about gushing about video games that's really sad. Ideas, people.
---