Your reaction if Simon Belmont is in the game but also...

#11Altar360Posted 6/20/2013 5:37:52 AM
I highly doubt Captain N would return, but some time ago I posted a joke topic that the new Smash Bros' plot would be a revival of Captain N only good

As in, not insultingly misrepresenting each character featured, and Captain N would get a badass make over. His move sets would be using several Nintendo peripherals :p
#12Chaos-15(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 5:46:04 AM
So something like this?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/346/0/9/captain_n_re____kevin_keene_by_neolupetrooper9893-d34r51j.jpg
#13SkularisPosted 6/20/2013 6:18:02 AM
Master Chief Captain N? No thanks. You have to have him rockin' the retro get-up.

Am I the only one to try and make a belt out of my NES controller after watching that show?
---
Maybe we're not so much Magus fanboys, as we are people who think Magus owns everyone. -Talonic
#14Chaos-15(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 6:33:26 AM
Skularis posted...
Master Chief Captain N? No thanks. You have to have him rockin' the retro get-up.

Am I the only one to try and make a belt out of my NES controller after watching that show?

Yes..... no.
I admit that we need retro Captain N!
Complete with 80s slang and outdated references!
#15BeriornPosted 6/20/2013 6:55:11 AM
I got a better idea. What if the new Captain N... is the first Captain N's son?

Kevin was in his late teens in the series, which took place in the late 80's. That's about 25 years ago. So if he became a father in his mid-20's, this new Captain N could very well be around Kevin's age when he entered Videoland.

And what if this new Captain N is a "hardcore gamer" who has no interest for his dad's "kiddie games", only to fall into Videoland (through a Sony-made TV, just like his dad did) and has to work with the heroes of yore to defeat a new evil encroaching on Videoland. At first he's dismissive of those who he fights aside but gradually learns the merits of teamwork, courage/power/wisdom, barrel rolls, jumping on turtles and all that jazz that's all over Nintendo's games.

Eventually he goes home; his dad is there as he falls out of the TV, they talk about what happened and they start up a game of Mario Kart or something like that.

Only question I could have about this: Who is the new Captain's mother? If it's Princess Lana, is she in Videoland or in the real world?
---
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.
#16KiaiPosted 6/21/2013 12:34:59 AM
I'd hit it like the fist of an angry god. Not just for the Captain N reference, but also for the novelty of finally having a Castlevania character in a Smash Bros' title.

One wonders if Sakurai's anxieties are related to picking a second (if ever) third-party character for the game. If so, he should just pick Simon and take a huge weight off his shoulders.
---
Whichever one of you wins is the uber-dork!
Official Moon Knight of the MVC3 boards.
#17JunDagekiPosted 6/21/2013 1:04:32 AM
i would be like "YAY SIMON BELMONT!" then "WTF?!"

If Captain N is in then im sure Sakurai got great plans for him and his moveset to make him fun. and even if i get disappointed i can still forget it quickly because i still got hype Simon ****ing Belmont ftw. castlevania deserved a rep.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.