This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if this was the roster?

#31Monkmaster79Posted 6/20/2013 8:58:12 PM
I'd say this is the best roster I've seen yet.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#32UberPyro64(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:06:16 PM(edited)
stfn12345 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
stfn12345 posted...
Gotta say, I don't think this roster is very good. Too much focus on the insanely classic and the overly modern. Plus a few weird picks (Dixie Kong over K Rool is laughable to anyone who actually played a real DKC game in their life, and Genecect over [6th gen "cool" pick] is also never going to happen) and you've got yourself a really wonky roster. Sorry, man, just giving my opinion.

Dixie Kong is now more relevant than King K. Rool being that she's in DKC Tropical Freeze. I honestly think they are trying to kill K. Rool off as a character.

You don't Genesect can't happen since he's a big part of the next movie he could easily be in.

And focusing on new stuff and a bit retro is what you're suppose to do for Smash rosters.

You're leaving out the middle ground though. And relevance isn't entirely about the here and now, it's also about the past, and K Rool was eons more relevant then than Dixie Kong has ever been. Main antagonist of 4 games is a bit more important than side kick who once took the limelight.

I wouldn't know anything about the movie since I stopped watching the anime when I was a kid and Ash was still in Kanto, so I'll take your word for it. Disregard.

And you're right about retro and new being important but you completely disregarded the middle ground. SNES, N64, GC, GBA, and even Wii and DS to a degree can be considered retro. There are tons of opportunities for characters in between NES and Wii(U) that you completely overlooked.

Again, it's your roster, put who you want in it, I just think it's not very realistic nor appealing. I'd do a lot different, personally.

Well look at the Brawl newcomers.

Diddy Kong's major appearance before was Diddy Kong Racing DS in 2006.
Wario's last major appearance was Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Wario: MoD in 2007.
Toon Link's last major appearance was Phantom Hourglass in 2007
Pit was retro with his last appearance in 1991.
R.O.B. was retro with his last appearance in 1985.
Metaknight and King Dedede's last major appearances were in Kirby: Squeak Squad in 2006.
Olimar's last major appearance was Pikmin 2 in 2004.
Wolf's last major appearance was in Star Fox: Command in 2006.
Pokemon Trainers last appearance was Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen in 2004.
Lucario's last major appearance was Pokemon Diamond & Pearl in 2007.
Ike's last major appearance was Radiant Dawn in 2007
Lucas' last major appearance was in 2006.

Every newcomer minus Pit and R.O.B. (which were retro) were relevant within the past 5 years before Brawl was released.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#33HeyWheresKelPosted 6/20/2013 9:25:40 PM
Shulk/10
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#34stfn12345Posted 6/20/2013 9:30:36 PM
UberPyro64 posted...

Well look at the Brawl newcomers.

Diddy Kong's major appearance before was Diddy Kong Racing DS in 2006.
Wario's last major appearance was Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Wario: MoD in 2007.
Toon Link's last major appearance was Phantom Hourglass in 2007
Pit was retro with his last appearance in 1991.
R.O.B. was retro with his last appearance in 1985.
Metaknight and King Dedede's last major appearances were in Kirby: Squeak Squad in 2006.
Olimar's last major appearance was Pikmin 2 in 2004.
Wolf's last major appearance was in Star Fox: Command in 2006.
Pokemon Trainers last appearance was Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen in 2004.
Lucario's last major appearance was Pokemon Diamond & Pearl in 2007.
Ike's last major appearance was Radiant Dawn in 2007
Lucas' last major appearance was in 2006.

Every newcomer minus Pit and R.O.B. (which were retro) were relevant within the past 5 years before Brawl was released.

Yes, but the gap between retro and modern was narrower back then. 5 years was a much bigger percentile back then. Plus most of your character suggestions (if I'm remembering correctly, I don't actually recall who's on your list) latest appearances are this year or a year back (or, again, in the 80s). That's much tighter time period.
#35UberPyro64(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 5:27:56 AM
Up.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#36Gandalf the IstariPosted 6/21/2013 5:33:29 AM(edited)
My biggest issues would be: FE deserves 3 reps and my most wanted: a Golden Sun rep/Isaac.

Also this still gives Pokemon 6 reps.