This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Smash Bros. Soundtrack

#21iKhanicPosted 6/21/2013 4:36:00 PM
Blazekicker27 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Is this a joke? Melee's by a long shot.

Brawl ruined great songs like Gourmet Race and Dark World. It scrapped other greats like Saria's Song and the DK rap.

The DK rap is still in Brawl.

It is? Maybe it's just the loss of the other DK stage that I was mourning.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#22Luigifan141Posted 6/21/2013 4:41:42 PM
iKhanic posted...
Blazekicker27 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Brawl ruined great songs like Gourmet Race and Dark World. It scrapped other greats like Saria's Song and the DK rap.

Yep, it is! However, there are other great songs from Melee that aren't present in Brawl, such as Yoshi's Story, Break the Targets, and the three EarthBound songs.
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#23CopShow GuyPosted 6/21/2013 4:45:23 PM
Brawl only wins due to quantity. I really like Melee's original songs. Brawl's original songs were all a main theme remix it seemed.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#24TheUltimator25Posted 6/21/2013 4:52:29 PM
Brawl might have won me over if they hadn't butchered half of the Kirby songs...

Namely Squeak Squad, MK's Revenge, Gourmet Race, and so on.
#25Belmont_92Posted 6/21/2013 4:53:31 PM
Luigifan141 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Blazekicker27 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Yep, it is! However, there are other great songs from Melee that aren't present in Brawl, such as Yoshi's Story, Break the Targets, and the three EarthBound songs.

Brawl has the two themes from Onett, because Onett is in Brawl. It just doesn't have Fourside.

I think that Melee had the best quality in the soundtrack, it had a lot of great arrangements and remixes that I still listen to today, like Big Blue, Bein' Friends (Mother), Gourmet Race from the Fountain of Dreams, Venom theme in Corneria (for some reason...), Kraid, and the Hyrule Temple theme from Link's Adventure.

Brawl had a great selection, but a lot of the remixes fall short, like Brawl's Star Fox 64 theme, A Link to the Past's Dark World, Metroid Prime's theme ruined by stupid narrations, and there are others. For this game, I hope there's still a wide selection, but maybe they shouldn't hire so many guest composers for the soundtrack. There were some great ones, but a lot of bad ones too while Melee had a consistent soundtrack.
---
The Official Astaroth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#26justdontaskPosted 6/21/2013 5:51:06 PM
brawl, without a doubt... you dont like some songs? make your own map, and give it a song you do enjoy! problem solved!

its a party game, the story mode is just bonus, so you never actually need to hear themes you dont like except the menu theme, and the opening theme...

with melee, songs are linked to stages... so you may not like this stage but adore its theme, or vice versa... so you make a compromise, good music while you have fun, or a fun map while you have fun, or sometimes both (like Hyrule Temple or Fountain of Dreams), but the combination of good music with good maps is very minimal...
---
logic escapes this site.
#27quinfordmacPosted 6/21/2013 5:58:40 PM
I will never forget the Melee menu theme.

da duda daaaaaa, dudu dudu dudaaaaa,
da duda daaaaaa, da da da daaaaaa
---
--- not changing this signature until the Cleveland Browns win a super bowl, most likely never. Signed 4/24/13---
#28NintendoManiaPosted 6/21/2013 7:18:30 PM
As much as I like how they a vast amount of music in Brawl, so much of it was either music ripped straight from the original game it came from, a poorly done remix (Gourmet Race, Area 6 Ver. 2, ect.), or another remix of a song that was already in either 64 or Melee. It also didn't help that series like Kirby and Fire Emblem with only one new stage had every song dumped onto its playlist. Why put Forest/Nature Area on Halberd when it fit better on Green Greens?

Melee offered brand new remixes for practically every single song in the game, and I can't think of one that was below average. The original music made for Melee itself, such as the Opening, Menu 1 and 2, Targets and Multi-man Melee 2 was better compared to the music used in the same modes for Brawl.
---
"Body armor is for your body not your head."- My bro's friend after shooting my character in the head on Golden Eye 007
NNID: a_HUGE_hotspring
#29Protoman_X38Posted 6/22/2013 10:39:02 AM
iKhanic posted...

The Dark World rendition was amazing.

A Link to the Past is my favorite game, so I would be pretty picky about remixes on those songs.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif