I have some new information regarding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

#1InfiniteGTXPosted 6/22/2013 6:09:58 PM
This is an old GameFAQs account which I reactivated today. I don't believe I've posted often around here, but I want to clarify that I didn't just create this account all willy-nilly. I am close friends with a developer in Namco Bandai, the team which is helping develop the new Super Smash Bros. game to be released on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U next year. Super Smash Bros. has always held a special place in my heart for nostalgic reasons, so I made an effort to pry some information. Unfortunately, I don't have very much on characters, but what I was able to find out, I will share. Do not expect any form of validation or proof from my end, as that will put my friend's career at considerable risk.

I approached by asking if the wide-spread rumor regarding Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man was true; despite my repeated asking, he was only able to tell me that Little Mac is a definite playable character. He kept laughing and sighing when I asked about the other two. (This wasn't an in-person conversation, so I wasn't able to infer any non-verbal hints or clues.) Sorry, but I don't have any more on characters than that. I do, however, have a bit about some single player modes: Break the Targets will be making a comeback, and it will be handled in a compromised fashion to that of Brawl's style and its predecessors. What I mean by this is that the level designs will be broken up by franchise, and each character within that franchise will share that stage. He gave me the following example: "For instance, the Super Mario Bros. series might have a stage based on the Mushroom Kingdom, and both he and Bowser would share that stage." I asked him about characters who were stand-alone representatives for their games, and his only response was that he "couldn't say". I also asked if these stages would have varying levels of difficulty like in Brawl, to which he said, "At this point, there is only one difficulty setting."

Home-Run Contest, Event Matches, and Adventure Mode will also be returning. He had little to say about the first two (they will stay relatively the same as in previous installments), and he could not share much on Adventure Mode other than it leans closer to the style of Melee's version. Part of the reason he couldn't elaborate much on Adventure Mode--disregarding an obvious need for subtlety--is because the roster is "still being tweaked", implying much heavier character involvement as far as the story goes. Also, Adventure Mode will hold more importance on the 3DS version than on the home console. Not too sure what that entails, but I did get confirmation that it can still be accessed on both versions.

That's pretty much all the information I have. I don't have any confirmation on veteran characters, even the obvious ones. I asked him, "Why didn't they show Yoshi in the reveal trailer?" to which he only said, "I wonder!" Please keep in mind that my friend isn't exactly a high-up in the development team, but he's definitely in a position to where he'd be in the know. That said--judging from his tone of voice and scrupulous phrasing--I'd say there's still quite some bit that is unknown even to him. Take from that what you will. (I won't be making any replies, because I know how hectic topics like this can get. I'll post sometime later if I learn more, although that probably won't be for quite some time, if at all.)
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 6/22/2013 6:13:55 PM
K
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3Robot_SoopaPosted 6/22/2013 6:15:06 PM
My dad is Kaz Hirai and Shadow the Hedgehog will be in Brawl.
---
FC: 1590 - 5604 - 5229
#4TheMarthKoopaPosted 6/22/2013 6:15:09 PM
but I want to clarify that I didn't just create this account all willy-nilly.

Account Created Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:29 PM

OK
#5KingTumbleweedPosted 6/22/2013 6:15:41 PM
Seems legit.
---
New mission: Do not carry out this mission. That's an order!
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of the Pokemon X/Y boards.
#6Mudkip43Posted 6/22/2013 6:16:55 PM
My uncle works at Nintendo.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#7Dark_SilverXPosted 6/22/2013 6:17:36 PM
My grandfather is Miyamoto and he told me that Pikmin is a playable character
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#8Brady672_AT_fanPosted 6/22/2013 6:19:14 PM
My mom is Miyamoto and she said I'm in this game.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#9KingTumbleweedPosted 6/22/2013 6:20:08 PM
My son is Miyamoto and I ordered him to put Deadpool in the game.
---
New mission: Do not carry out this mission. That's an order!
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of the Pokemon X/Y boards.
#10Jacob46719Posted 6/22/2013 6:20:39 PM
My uncle works at Nintendo and he says there will be only 1 event match where you fight every character in the game at once on a mini version of final destination with only bombs on.
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.