This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: There's another quote "casual" unquote character in the roster...

#1sterlingtygerPosted 6/23/2013 8:14:11 AM
Besides Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Mii, what "casual" character would you want to see? - Results (71 votes)
Monita [Nintendoland]
14.08% (10 votes)
Dr. Lobe [Big Brain Academy]
1.41% (1 votes)
Nintendog [Nintendogs]
2.82% (2 votes)
Marshall [Rhythm Heaven]
2.82% (2 votes)
Wii Music Maestro [Wii Music]
5.63% (4 votes)
Tom Nook [Animal Crossing]
26.76% (19 votes)
K.K. Slider [Animal Crossing]
5.63% (4 votes)
Tempo [Harmoknight]
7.04% (5 votes)
Agent J [Elite Beat Agents]
23.94% (17 votes)
Someone I haven't thought of [Other; leave in comments!]
9.86% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Many people on this board would tell you that Wii Fit Trainer and Villager are "casual trash", or design to "appeal to soccer moms, children and grandmothers".
Now, I haven't played much Wii Fit and I am an admitted huge fan of Animal Crossing(which is like the least casual game ever) but both of these guys look super cool and interesting and fun! Which begs the question... if "casual trash" can be this cool, who else can we add? Who else might be fun and interesting and originates from a game that maybe isn't designed for Halocore Douches?

So I've done a bit of looking into it and compiled a list of 9 "casual" Nintendo characters from things such as the "Touch Generations" brand(widely criticized for being full of casual garbage, A.K.A. pretty fun games) or the "Wii" series, or franchises that have things in common with what's commonly called casual.
If you don't see YOUR favorite casual character on here, just pick the tenth option and put it in the comments below!

Happy gaming!
#2DavemanCosmanPosted 6/23/2013 8:15:46 AM
The Mii would be considered "casual" by many and is also a strong contender.
---
Cheers, luck and other indoor sports
-Daveman
#3sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 8:16:25 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
The Mii would be considered "casual" by many and is also a strong contender.

The Mii is also basically confirmed, and I included it in the title of the poll.
#4taoxadasaPosted 6/23/2013 8:17:07 AM
I think Animal Crossing is popular enough and has enough moveset potential to have two playable characters, so I voted for Tom Nook.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#5Davidk92Posted 6/23/2013 8:17:19 AM
How the hell do you decide if a character is casual?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#6sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 8:18:14 AM
taoxadasa posted...
I think Animal Crossing is popular enough and has enough moveset potential to have two playable characters, so I voted for Tom Nook.

I completely agree with you. Animal Crossing is awesome!

(That said, I voted for Monita. Something about a robot object head with one arm who stars in a game featuring several Nintendo IPs screams moveset potential to me.)
#7TheMasterTurtlePosted 6/23/2013 8:19:53 AM
Agent J would be so awesome I'd cry...
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#8sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 8:20:18 AM
Davidk92 posted...
How the hell do you decide if a character is casual?

By the character being from a game that is "casual".
Like how Wii Fit Trainer, being from Wii Fit, which is clearly casual garbage and Nintendo is going down the toilet, is casual garbage and should just get the heck out of Smash. How dare she look fun to play as, appeal to a broad demographic and be a recognizable and iconic character who represents major pieces of Nintendo's recent history?
#9SharmHedgehogPosted 6/23/2013 8:21:39 AM
I have been begging for Elite Beat Agents representation since forever. Agent J FTW!
---
Pokemon W2 FC: 2667-2382-2326
#10Gandalf the IstariPosted 6/23/2013 8:28:03 AM
I think the other most likely "casual" is Mii honestly.

The only other series that has ever gone from 0->2 reps in 1 installment is Fire Emblem, so I think Animal Crossing would be unlikely even though those are my favorite options in the poll.