This is how I feel about Mario in SSB4

#1FelixTrapperPosted 6/24/2013 9:26:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OK7HOuR.png
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
Felix in Mapleton 3952-7655-6083
#2dengel3587Posted 6/24/2013 9:35:56 AM
And honestly, Sunshine wasn't even that great of a Mario game. I put it below 64 and both Galaxies. Sure it was fun running around and whatnot (I liked the game mechanics), but the levels were very bland and the shines in those levels were very polarized (either extremely easy or really difficult).
---
Brawl FC: 3952-6720-1821 Name: KD
#3FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 9:44:14 AM
^ Intestingly enough, Sunshine was my favorite Mario game, and I LOVED the FLUDD mechanic. It was even decent in Melee as a new addition. But FFS, it's been over a decade since Sunshine, Nintendo. Mario has two dozen new abilities you could use. We don't need your flagship character to recycle the exact same moveset again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
Felix in Mapleton 3952-7655-6083
#4BrnHeatAAPosted 6/24/2013 10:45:05 AM
I feel like Mario was completed with FLUDD to get a playable version out by E3 but has some chance of changing before release. If not, well what you said.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
*Official Xbox One considerate*
#5StreetPasWantrPosted 6/24/2013 10:46:12 AM
BrnHeatAA posted...
I feel like Mario was completed with FLUDD to get a playable version out by E3 but has some chance of changing before release. If not, well what you said.

I don't believe they'd rush out a moveset like that. But it's certainly a possibility.
---
The world ends with you? That's a lie. It ends with D, not U. Still love the game, though.
#6BrnHeatAAPosted 6/24/2013 10:57:24 AM(edited)
I almost forgot my other theory. Perhaps FLUDD is staying as Down-B, but another attack (A or Final) may represent more recent games.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
*Official Xbox One considerate*
#7SuperMarioFanPosted 6/24/2013 11:33:48 AM
Final Smashes are not necessarily representative of something that happened in-game though. Since when do the Ice Climbers summon giant, frozen peaks? Since when does Samus' armor fall off after a giant energy blast? Since when does Luigi's.. make sense?

At least a lot of them are fitting to the character. Mario can keep his Great Balls of Fire Final Smash and I would be ok with it. Sure, he hasn't had a move just like that in one of his games, but that's also part of the fun of SSB: seeing characters do outlandish, yet in-character, things.
---
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??
#8bellagio23Posted 6/24/2013 11:39:10 AM
dengel3587 posted...
And honestly, Sunshine wasn't even that great of a Mario game. I put it below 64 and both Galaxies. Sure it was fun running around and whatnot (I liked the game mechanics), but the levels were very bland and the shines in those levels were very polarized (either extremely easy or really difficult).

Sunshine> all other 3D Mario's combinded
---
Users that don't know what the word troll means.
delarosa1101, palazzio65, morganvonveb(Banned), Storm-Cloud(Suspended). That is what happens.
#9BadLuckGutsPosted 6/24/2013 11:42:53 AM
Hopefully Mario's Down-B is one of those "customizable" aspects.
---
My love for you....is like a truck. Beserker.
Do you want to making ****, Berserker. Berserker.
#10DavemanCosmanPosted 6/24/2013 11:52:16 AM
I don't mind FLUDD, but I agree that there is a lot of new material that could be used. I was personally hoping that Mario would've gotten revamped with new moves, maybe switching the Super Cape for the Cat tail or Racoon tail as well
---
Cheers, luck and other indoor sports
-Daveman