This is how I feel about Mario in SSB4

#21shroom_ninja_XPosted 6/25/2013 12:12:43 AM
Sunshine strikes me as a game with some good ideas that could have been executed better, or pushed further.

* I thought the controls could have been better-- I missed the long jump and being able to crouch. The swimming controls were also kinda funky, IMO.

* They could have done a better job with Yoshi. I thought having to feed him all the time was tedious, and having him dissolve in water? Lame.

* Tougher enemies. The game needed tougher bad guys that actually posed a threat, especially considering that Mario had 8 health points in SMS. I liked the goopy pirhana plants from the beginning were a cool idea. It would have been nice to see goopy versions of other baddies terrorize different levels. (Hammer bros, Thwomps, etc.)

* The game needed more levels. This is probably my biggest issue with SMS.

* On a more minor note, I kinda wish Bowser and his son hadn't been in this game, Peach hadn't been perma-kidnapped after 10 shines, and that Shadow Mario was a disguise for a completely new villain. It could have been a nice breath of fresh air from "Mario saves Peach from Bowser for the umpteenth time".

While I don't think Sunshine is at all a bad game, it could have been a lot better, IMO.
---
Word to your mother.
#22PT_PiranhaPosted 6/25/2013 12:30:16 AM
FelixTrapper posted...
^ Intestingly enough, Sunshine was my favorite Mario game, and I LOVED the FLUDD mechanic. It was even decent in Melee as a new addition. But FFS, it's been over a decade since Sunshine, Nintendo. Mario has two dozen new abilities you could use. We don't need your flagship character to recycle the exact same moveset again.

If that's the only reason Fludd shouldn't stick around, we should get rid of the Super Cape too. It's been TWO decades since that game.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Real Super Sand Legend of the KHIII Board-
#23ImGanondorfLolPosted 6/25/2013 12:42:24 AM(edited)
Thanks for picture, it gave me a good laugh and I thought it was worth sharing.

I like to think many veterans will have new moves and most of what we saw at E3 was just a placeholder, but would they really bother to make a new model of the FLUDD as a placeholder and then just replace it afterward? Unless they're using the same exact model from Brawl.
#24Companion_Cube_Posted 6/25/2013 6:13:26 AM
XtremeStarfox posted...
Sunshine was indeed DA BEST MARIO GAME.

I'm a fan of Yoshi's Island myself.
#25ChiBear_downPosted 6/25/2013 6:20:50 AM
Sword_Slasher posted...
Name a mario game with better ambiance than SMS.

you can't

Ambiance isn't a word.
---
FGoAT--> 1.Z:MM 2.MPrime 3.Z:WW 4.Crash B 5.Rayman
SSB4 want list --> 1.Majora 2.Mask Link 3.Tetra 4.Rayman 5.Crash
#26Sword_SlasherPosted 6/25/2013 6:23:42 AM
ChiBear_down posted...
Sword_Slasher posted...
Name a mario game with better ambiance than SMS.

you can't

Ambiance isn't a word.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ambiance
---
Posted from my N-Gage