This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My 48 characters roster

#31Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 7:56:56 AM
You do realize that captian falcon has his own series??????? Its called F Zero and for a smash bros fan not realize that is baffling

Why does it freaking matter? I but Falcon in the Misc section because he's the only rep for his series. If you actually read my later post you would know that.

I'm surprised to see no Pokemon cuts, while Lyn gets in over Ike. Pretty sure IS gets some say in who gets into Smash, and if Lyn wasn't in Brawl as playable, she won't be in this. Especially since Ike is more popular and is already playable.

Pokemon was planned to get 6 reps and was close to getting 5 reps in Brawl. I wanted to make the FE section more diverse. Adding Marth, Ike, and Chrom is not asking for diversity.

Toad --> Not happening. If someone from this series is to be added, that one is Bowsy.

Toad is the last true Mario icon not in. He's been heavily requested since Pre-Melee placing high on character polls and is super relevant thanks to appearing in recent platformers like the upcoming Super Mario 3D World. Peach can easily get her Netrual B changed to something else or replace Toad with Toadsworth or a generic Toad.

Don't think this is happening. I guess if someone, K. Rool has highest chances.

Not anymore. K. Rool hasn't been relevant in awhile and Dixie is starring in the newest DKC game. Unlike K. Rool, Dixie was actually planned for Brawl. Plus, she's an easier character to make having a similar body shape to Diddy.

┐Toon Link removed? There has been 2 versions of Link since Melee, what makes you think this time will be different. Personally, I loved Toon Link from Brawl, but that's not happening, it'll be most likely SSLink.

The Melee clones were added late in development in order to pad the roster. Toon Link was added late in Brawl in order to pad the roster. I don't think 2 Links is necessary especially if they're both going to play the same.

MewTwo or Lucario or a different character. Both Lucario and MewTwo is not happening and Lucario's chances are not good

Contrary to popular believe, Lucario did not replace Mewtwo. Both were planned for the game. Out of all the cut characters, Mewtwo was the furthest along having a working model, some sound bits, unique victory theme, and a Classic mode picture. Sonic's late inclusion is the reason why Mewtwo didn't get in. Mewtwo has still been used in the games and making appearances in the anime and with him being one of the leading mascots in the new Pokemon X and Y in a new form he's highly likely to come back. There was a huge backlash for Mewtwo's removal. He's one of the most requested characetrs for the game might be the most requested. Lucario can still come back. He's probably the most popular Pokemon outside of Gen 1. He's still used by Game Freak for advertising, he still appears in the anime, and he's returning in Pokemon X and Y. Lucario and Mewtwo can co-exist.

I wish, but not happening.

Ridley has been requested since Pre-Melee constantly placing high on character polls. Sakurai can easily resize if if he wants. Ridley is long overdue.

I hope she would be in, but I don't think so

It's mostly wishful thinking on my part.

A lot of people asking for Takamaru... Isn't happening.

What other retro has a better chance than him?

Don't know what to say.

Along with Takamaru, she's been requested since Pre-Melee.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#32Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 7:57:58 AM
I don't think so.

You haven't heard about the leak have you? I'm not a fan of Mii's but they're likely happening. They're a big part of Nintendo's history.

I wish, but I'm not sure about it.

Isaac is one of the most requested characters.

I really hope he doesn't get in. I think he's not a given, but still has high chances.

Mac is pretty much guaranteed at this point. The boxing ring is likely a Punch Out stage.

Don't see this happening. But then again, Namco Bandai is working on this game, isn't it?

No other 3rd Party newcomer has better chances than Pac Man. Plus, the leak which is likely true means he's pretty much guaranteed.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#33PlasmaCannonPosted 6/25/2013 8:00:24 AM
An automatic 10/10 for Lip! 48 characters seems perfect too.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#34GreatJallopiPosted 6/25/2013 8:07:56 AM
I actually kind of like this.
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
#35KanrakuPosted 6/25/2013 8:45:02 AM
Actually a pretty good roster. Here's what I don't agree with though:

Toad

In the interview with Sakurai, he said one of the main things they ask when considering a character is "What can this character bring to smash bros. that no other character can?". Show me a toad moveset that makes sense that I can't give to waddle dee or a koopa troopa. I know he was a "main character" in SMB2 and shows up in all the party and sports games, but he just isn't interesting enough to be a fighter and win a spot on the roster.

Lip

Now, tetris attack is my favorite puzzle game of all time, but if we're being realistic I don't think this will ever happen. When a retro character is added to the roster, it has to be BIG, like megaman, or an important part of Nintendo's history like ROB or G&W. Lip isn't well known in the english-speaking demographic, and does not have any modern relevance. Inclusion of Lip's stick was a perfect nod to those who played panel de pon, and a small enough part of the game that other players could shrug it off as "that poison flower stick".

To put it bluntly, Lip only has a slightly better chance than one of those turban guys from doki doki panic.

Mewtwo/Lucario

I realize that these two can coexist, but I think they share too much design space. I'd sooner see one of them, and one other new non-starter pokemon.
#36Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:17:27 PM
Kanraku posted...
Actually a pretty good roster. Here's what I don't agree with though:

Toad

In the interview with Sakurai, he said one of the main things they ask when considering a character is "What can this character bring to smash bros. that no other character can?". Show me a toad moveset that makes sense that I can't give to waddle dee or a koopa troopa. I know he was a "main character" in SMB2 and shows up in all the party and sports games, but he just isn't interesting enough to be a fighter and win a spot on the roster.

Lip

Now, tetris attack is my favorite puzzle game of all time, but if we're being realistic I don't think this will ever happen. When a retro character is added to the roster, it has to be BIG, like megaman, or an important part of Nintendo's history like ROB or G&W. Lip isn't well known in the english-speaking demographic, and does not have any modern relevance. Inclusion of Lip's stick was a perfect nod to those who played panel de pon, and a small enough part of the game that other players could shrug it off as "that poison flower stick".

To put it bluntly, Lip only has a slightly better chance than one of those turban guys from doki doki panic.

Mewtwo/Lucario

I realize that these two can coexist, but I think they share too much design space. I'd sooner see one of them, and one other new non-starter pokemon.

The problem with your Toad argument is that Toad is both a character and a species like Yoshi. THE Toad character has appeared in nearly every Mario game since ghis debut including the upcoming Super Mario 3D World, his first playable appearance in a 3D Mario platformer. Toad can easily have a unique moveset. He can use powerups from the NSMB games, the upcoming SM3DW, and other platformers. Don't forget about Wario's Woods, the game he starred in. Goombas, Koopa Troopers, and Waddle Dees can't use powerups from Mario like Toad can. Sakurai easily made a moveset for Peach, despite most of her moves being made up.

Lip has been requested since Pre-Melee meaning she's known among Smash fans. Sakurai just doesn't add retros that are important to Nintendo's history otherwise Balloon Fighter and Duck Hut Dogg would of been in by now. Ice Climbers were hardly important to Nintendo's history and barely anyone knew them or Mr. Game & Watch. Being Japan-only didn't hurt Marth or Lucas' chances. Sakurai is a big fan of Panel de Pon and is aware of her popularity with Smash fans. Other than Takamaru, I can't think of another retro with a better shot.

Mewtwo and Lucario look nothing alike. Pokemon can easily have 5 reps. It was planned to have 6 in Brawl.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#37Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 8:26:35 AM
Making slight changes to my character list. I removed Lucas and added Snake.

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Toad
Bowser

Mario Sub-Series

Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer (Might have different starters)
Lucario*
Mewtwo*

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede*

Fire Emblem
Marth*
Chrom