This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Annoying beliefs and Misguided thinking on this board V2

#1AbugumgumPosted 6/25/2013 4:15:17 PM
1. Pokemon Trainer will be swapped out for a new set of starters to advertise. Because Pokemon Trainer was added to advertise.

2. Garchomp, Genesect, Zoroark will be playable instead of Mewtwo X/Y form.

3. R.O.B. will be cut because he is obscure and was mainly just important to SSE.

4. We are getting both Dixie Kong AND King K. Rool

5. We should be getting Lloyd Irving because of how much Lloyd Irving has done for Nintendo.

6. We are getting any other Sonic character besides Sonic.

7. Toon Link will be replaced by ALBW Link, because somehow a Link that is closer to the size and style of the one we have would be more unique than Toon Link...

8. Toon Link being a stange hazard confirms that he is cut.

9. The ______ series needs more "reps"

10. Characters should have costumes where they are a completely different unrelated characters. Ex. Roy costume for Marth, or Mewtwo Costume for Lucario, or Waluigi costume for Luigi. Because hitboxes don't exist.

11. Having a unique moveset automatically exempts you from the possibility of being cut

12. Sakurai said he is gonna cut clones this time. Clone translates to "character I don't want who is similar to another character."

13. We can already make solid predictions about the tier list based on gameplay we have seen so far, because the game is done....

14. "We're not going to have a lot of characters, and we should take it out on the 3DS, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. Because of this, it's clear that Sakurai is a crazy old man who should be taken out back behind Nintendo and shot for his insolence."

15. Tharja should be in because of moveset potential and personality, and she isn't essentially a fanservice character.

16. Midna, Lyn, Zant, Shadow Mario, Micaiah, Dark Samus, Vaati, or any other supporting character that hit the height of their popularity prior to Brawl have a good chance now.

17. Ridley is a shoo in this time because he is important to Metroid and other reasons that have been there since before melee, even though those reasons didn't get him playable in melee or brawl.

18. _______ have a really good chance because they were in the "forbidden 7." That said, I don't care about the other ones, so for them being in the "forbidden 7" doesn't change their chances and I won't mention them.

19. Sakurai once made a passing comment about adding female characters prior to Brawl, which means that any insignificant female character I want in has really good chances.

20. Owain has a really good chance because being the main character doesn't matter.

21. Kirby is 8 inches tall and Olimar is the size of a bottle cap, therefore; size doesn't matter. Because literal canon size and appeared size are the same thing...

22. Wii Fit Trainer is in the game, which we didn't see coming, therefore likelihood is a thing of the past.

23. Sakurai can do whatever he wants with the characters because Captain Falcon.

24. Moveset is the only thing that factors into a character's uniqueness.

25. Marth is the Pikachu of Fire Emblem. Totally valid comparison.

26. Every popular FE character deserves lifetime membership in Smash long after they are no longer featured or relevant in their own series.

27. Making Mask Link, with the young Link moveset, 3 additional separate movesets for his mask transformations, and an additional moveset for his FD Link Final Smash, sounds reasonable. Because 5 movesets for one character as a tribute to one game in a long series is totally worth it...
#2_Super_Shadow_Posted 6/25/2013 4:25:22 PM
This is just overwhelming opinion youre trying to pass off as law,

I agree with some of your statements, Like what you had to say about Toon Link and stuff,

But 90% of this is just biased garbage not worth responding too, as from the sounds of it, you already deem your statements as fact, and deny any logic counter arguing it, by the title of your thread.
---
Lucina, Newtwo, Ridley, Bowser Jr, Palutena, and Lloyd Irving for SSB4
Dream Roster: http://www.imageshack.com/scaled/large/577/lghv.png
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 6/25/2013 4:26:59 PM
I hear Sakurai's team and Bamco are making a game. Think it'll have any connection to this interactive roster everybody's going on about?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#4Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:35:16 PM(edited)
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

I agree with some of your statements, Like what you had to say about Toon Link and stuff,

But 90% of this is just biased garbage not worth responding too, as from the sounds of it, you already deem your statements as fact, and deny any logic counter arguing it, by the title of your thread.

example? I think you might be reading the topic wrong.
#5pbandjamesPosted 6/25/2013 4:30:15 PM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

He's not saying this is 100% right and everyone else is wrong; he's saying that these are annoying statements that everyone else passes off as facts on this board. It seems to me that he's merely pointing out "logic" that people think is "way more likely."
---
Game news is the best news.
#6bellagio23Posted 6/25/2013 4:30:17 PM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

Pretty much.
---
Users that don't know what the word troll means or lack intelligence: delarosa1101, palazzio65, morganvonveb(Banned), Storm-Cloud, KingIceSonic, Im_Lucina.
#7ZLn13Posted 6/25/2013 4:30:58 PM
I agree with most of the stuff said but on a small amount I disagree not by much though. Anyways, I think anything could happen with this game. We all expect something but most of the time it just doesn't turn out the way we want. Who knows what they are thinking and doing at this time. If its really hard for them to think of characters then it seems like they want to go for something different from what people want.
#8Ari917Posted 6/25/2013 4:41:24 PM(edited)
Abugumgum posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

example?

The costume and the unique moveset exempts you from being cut statements (really, who says this with Mewtwo being cut?) come to mind.

Really, my thing with the topic is that most of this is said by a small group on the board. Most don't believe that. There are also a couple I think you are a bit bias on as well (such as the Dixie/King K. Rool comment, it's not like DK getting 4 reps is impossible).
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#9Pyro76Posted 6/25/2013 4:39:56 PM
Ari917 posted...
Abugumgum posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

example?

The costume and the unique moveset exempts you from being cut statements (really, who says this with Mewtwo being cut?) come to mind.

Well Sakurai already confirmed no alternate costumes
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#10_Sanaki_Posted 6/25/2013 4:40:28 PM
I'll say that I disagree with some aspects of your list, though some of them are a smidge silly. I wouldn't call any of them particularly annoying though.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.