Annoying beliefs and Misguided thinking on this board V2

#11Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:40:57 PM
Ari917 posted...
Abugumgum posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
This is just overwhelming opinion youre trying to pass off as law,

I agree with some of your statements, Like what you had to say about Toon Link and stuff,

But 90% of this is just biased garbage not worth responding too, as from the sounds of it, you already deem your statements as fact, and deny any logic counter arguing it, by the title of your thread.

example?

The costume and the unique moveset exempts you from being cut statements (really, who says this with Mewtwo being cut?) come to mind.

You realize that all of these are beliefs that I disagree with right? So what I am really saying is that unique movesets don't exempt you from being cut....
#12Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:41:58 PM
Pyro76 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Abugumgum posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

I agree with some of your statements, Like what you had to say about Toon Link and stuff,

But 90% of this is just biased garbage not worth responding too, as from the sounds of it, you already deem your statements as fact, and deny any logic counter arguing it, by the title of your thread.

example?

The costume and the unique moveset exempts you from being cut statements (really, who says this with Mewtwo being cut?) come to mind.

Well Sakurai already confirmed no alternate costumes

Technically no he didn't. He said no customizable alternate costumes.
#13kazooie959Posted 6/25/2013 5:44:19 PM
Hmm...

I like a lot of what is said here but

25. Marth is the Pikachu of Fire Emblem. Totally valid comparison.

That one struck me as a little odd..

I've never heard that one before but it makes a valid point. Like if you ask the average joe to name one pokemon the response you will probably get is Pikachu or Charizard, asking them to name one character from Fire Emblem you would probably get Marth or Roy

Now that really doesn't say anything about Marth staying (look at Roy) but it does hold some weight...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#14Ari917Posted 6/25/2013 5:45:42 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Ari917 posted...
Abugumgum posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

example?

You realize that all of these are beliefs that I disagree with right? So what I am really saying is that unique movesets don't exempt you from being cut....

I'm not saying you don't disagree with them, I'm saying that some of these are rarely (if at all) present on the board. The unique moveset in particular I've never seen mentioned and even if they were they'd have to ignore Mewtwo. Thus it seems kind of nitpicky in areas.

Similarly, some of your other points are a bit too bias but you did say this was a more personal list so I can't say much.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#15Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:48:38 PM
Personally, I think Marth will stay. And he is the most important FE character. But the problem wigth this comparison (which has really flooded the boards and people don't second guess enough, which is why you see it as odd), is that if you as the average person to name a pokemon, it'll likely be Pikachu or Charizard.
Ask the average person to name a Fire Emblem character. They will probably have no idea what you're talking about.

That is a huge difference people don't take into account. Marth and Pikachu are in a totally different league as far as popularity. Marth is niche, Pikachu is mainstream. Marth is more comparable to Olimar or Isaac.
#16Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:51:53 PM
I'm not saying you don't disagree with them, I'm saying that some of these are rarely (if at all) present on the board. The unique moveset in particular I've never seen mentioned and even if they were they'd have to ignore Mewtwo. Thus it seems kind of nitpicky in areas.

Similarly, some of your other points are a bit too bias but you did say this was a more personal list so I can't say much.

I see these arguments used a fair amount, although I will admit that the board has more people that are "cut happy" than overly against cutting characters.
And do you have an example of one you think is overly biased? Because most of these don't make say that something definitively will or won't happen,just that people are overconfident that certain things will or won't happen.
#17kazooie959Posted 6/25/2013 5:56:56 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Personally, I think Marth will stay. And he is the most important FE character. But the problem wigth this comparison (which has really flooded the boards and people don't second guess enough, which is why you see it as odd), is that if you as the average person to name a pokemon, it'll likely be Pikachu or Charizard.
Ask the average person to name a Fire Emblem character. They will probably have no idea what you're talking about.

That is a huge difference people don't take into account. Marth and Pikachu are in a totally different league as far as popularity. Marth is niche, Pikachu is mainstream. Marth is more comparable to Olimar or Isaac.

Still there is a comparison there of a series mascot... I get the whole not in the same league thing but the way you worded 25 made it sound like you weren't saying that Marth was FE mascot.
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#18Ari917Posted 6/25/2013 6:25:25 PM(edited)
Abugumgum posted...

I see these arguments used a fair amount, although I will admit that the board has more people that are "cut happy" than overly against cutting characters.
And do you have an example of one you think is overly biased? Because most of these don't make say that something definitively will or won't happen,just that people are overconfident that certain things will or won't happen.

I still haven't seen arguments like that much and for some of them require such a leap of logic that I can't see that being a prevalent belief.

Fair enough. I'd still say that the wording of some of these (and I disagree with number of them, but c'est la vie) could be a bit better. For instance, while I don't like definite statements like "King K. Rool's a shoo in!" I still wouldn't say that getting both Dixie and King K. Rool are unlikely (not 100% chance, but not unlikely). Similarly, they aren't the only characters that get that thrown at them so maybe make the statement a bit more ambiguous since it can apply to a lot of other characters including them.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#19sneeker944Posted 6/25/2013 6:02:12 PM
Don't agree with a lot of it, but I guess it is your opinion.
#20trenton97Posted 6/25/2013 6:05:31 PM
Masked Link:

Up B- He briefly turns into Deku Link and flies up on his petal copters.

Side B-He briefly becomes Mikau an tosses his Boomerang fins OR he turns into Darmani and does a Meteor Punch OR he turns into Darmani and does a short rollout maneuver.

Down B- He briefly turns into Mikau and does his electric energy shield OR he turns into Darmani and does a ground pound.

B- Link uses his arrows and can release it immediately for a rapid fire normal arrow, charge a little more for a Fire Arrow that inflicts a burn status, charge more for an Ice Arrow that freezes, or charge even more for a Light Arrow which does maximum damage.

Final Smash- Fierce Deity Link, but there aren't any transformations in Smash, are there?
---
Official Goron Knight of Safe Haven
Prime Minister of the Link Between Worlds board.(Really loyal to WeirdJohn,don't tell >_>)