This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tharja is a fanservice character

#1AbugumgumPosted 6/26/2013 8:29:03 PM
If you want her playable in this game, just admit that your motive is at it's root purely sexual, and don't try to pretend that it is a result of her "moveset potential" and "personality." Just own up to it.

Also she's not gonna be playable. Count on it.
#2Lexmark1989Posted 6/26/2013 8:31:13 PM
I think that goes without saying, but I don't see how that's any more wrong that wanting a character in just because they look cool. Movesets are rarely the reason one wants a character in the game.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#3SalsaSavantPosted 6/26/2013 8:31:15 PM
This. She amused me in the game and was a great unit, but had no greater relevance to the game or the series.

But this will die down as Awakening becomes a little older.. The Phosphera requests died down eventually too. And the disturbing Viridi ones...
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#4Lord_ProsperPosted 6/26/2013 8:31:27 PM
I don't care if it's Tharja or not, I just want a damn magic user from Fire Emblem.
#5VGmastaPosted 6/26/2013 8:32:28 PM
She's also extremely overrated.
---
"Although I am only 14, I am actually in the 12th grade and have already been accepted to Harvard and Yale." ~blkmegaman
Come to my quote for boards!
#6Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 8:34:54 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
I think that goes without saying, but I don't see how that's any more wrong that wanting a character in just because they look cool. Movesets are rarely the reason one wants a character in the game.

But they are often why a character gets in. A character like Tharja has never gotten in(a supporting character from a single game within a long franchise slated for no more appearances, whose popularity comes from her looking like a prostitute and being obsessed with the player character, thus appealing to low self esteem).
#7Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 8:37:28 PM
Lord_Prosper posted...
I don't care if it's Tharja or not, I just want a damn magic user from Fire Emblem.

We can get a magic user from another series (Ganondorf should be a magic user, Matthew from Golden Sun, Palutena could be a magic user, we already have Zelda). We don't need a specifically Fire Emblem magic user. We don't need every combat style from Fire Emblem represented (sword, axe, lance, magic, horseback).
#8Dsurions_WrathPosted 6/26/2013 8:38:49 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...

But they are often why a character gets in. A character like Tharja has never gotten in(a supporting character from a single game within a long franchise slated for no more appearances, whose popularity comes from her looking like a prostitute and being obsessed with the player character, thus appealing to low self esteem).

I have to agree. I like her support conversations as they were pretty damn entertaining (only on class C with Gaius for her, I really want to see what happens next), but it's absurdly obvious where her popularity comes from.

I still stick to wanting the Avatar, Lucina, or Chrom.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#9SalsaSavantPosted 6/26/2013 8:39:33 PM
Lord_Prosper posted...

Michiah and Avatar/Robin are both magic users and major characters. Avatar can be called a main character, and Michiah was "officially" the main character of her game, even if Ike did steal all her thunder.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#10Lexmark1989Posted 6/26/2013 8:40:45 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...

Look we know she's not getting in so why bother making a topic about her? Is this just to bag on players that like the character? Just look at that one post of the guy calling her overrated which I knew would happen because popularity equal being overrated these days.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies