2 sonic reps is not impossible.

#41Electric_SonicPosted 6/28/2013 11:12:13 PM
basically everything sakurai has said has shot down the idea of any 3rd party franchise getting multiple characters

Tails shares many similarities to Dixie Kong

one common trait (using non-wing appendages to fly) = "many similarities"

yeah okay

No they laugh at you because shadow is a dumb character, put knuckles in, instead.

knuckles is an even worse character than shadow lmfao

I feel shadow would do fine considering they added wolf and in all the old game he was like shadow moody a jerk and depressing at times lol

uh

what
---
Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik | Steam ID: Conis
3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269
#42-TheFranchise-Posted 6/28/2013 11:33:50 PM
Who the hell wants another sonic rep?
Sonic is the only decent character of the whole series.
They should make robotnik (not eggman, robotnik) a boss.
---
Ray MK II, Little Mac, Banjo-Kazooie, Simon Belmont, Snake, Sonic, Crono, Sora, Travis Touchdown, Bayonetta, MM Link, King K Rool, Saki, & Isaac for SSB4
#43game2002Posted 6/29/2013 12:24:13 AM
Not saying I want Shadow, but people should play Sonic Battle if they think he will be a clone of or play similar to Sonic...
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#44DorotimusWitikPosted 6/29/2013 12:34:24 AM
The problem with 2 Sonic reps isn't as much that Sonic is a 3rd party franchise (it's not like there have ever been any stated limits) as much as there just isn't a second Sonic character that brings the kind wow factor and demand that Sonic brought to the table. They probably don't see much return on investment in adding a second Sonic character, especially since the base is pretty much fractured when it comes to who likes what Sonic side characters.

Also, the extra characters have been something of a sore spot for SEGA ever since 2006 came out and 'Sonic's ****ty Friends' became a thing. Really poisoned the waters. It's sad too because being able to play as Knuckles and Tails in Sonic 3 was pretty sweet and few of the characters were every really all that bad, there were just too many of them and they became exceedingly poorly written.
#45CharizardFirePosted 6/29/2013 12:46:15 AM
2 sonic reps is not impossible.

True. Here's what it would take for that to happen:

Nintendo buys the Sonic series from Sega

For this to work, chances are pretty good that this would have to happen:

Nintendo buys Sega
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#46Lethal_BathTubPosted 6/29/2013 1:24:50 AM
Just a Dr Eggman cameo or boss is enough, no more than that though.
---
Too many things are troublesome.
Psn: Lethal_Sink - Visit my YouTube for daily videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaotixLegacy