Why I think Mario will not have new reps

#1Dinoman96Posted 6/28/2013 11:02:58 AM
you folks may want to have a look at this, the following is developer notes on melee from sakurai regarding the roster in 2002:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/62823052

"Wario placed third in the poll, but with Bowser and Peach pencilled in, Sakurai didn't want to include 3 Mario newcomers."

but this was in 2002, you say. perhaps he changed his mind since?

well, look at brawl in 2008. you can see how mario was limited to four slots, and there was no new mario character in general.

my point is, it seems like sakurai wants to keep slots for each series four at the very maximum. yes, i know dr. mario was the 5th mario rep, but he was just there to fill a slot pretty much, considering melee was a very rushed game. and as mentioned in the notes above, sakurai did consider wario to be a mario clone, but felt like he deserved better.

with that very lone exception, no series has gone beyond four slots. maybe in total characters with transformations, but never above four slots, and i think it should stay that way.
---
wargle gargle
#2bellagio23Posted 6/28/2013 11:05:21 AM
Mario has 8 reps.
---
Users that don't know what the word troll means or lack intelligence: delarosa1101, palazzio65, morganvonveb(Banned), Storm-Cloud, KingIceSonic, Im_Lucina.
#3bigbangaroniPosted 6/28/2013 11:05:48 AM
bellagio23 posted...
Mario has 8 reps.
#4Dinoman96(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 11:06:38 AM(edited)
bellagio23 posted...
Mario has 8 reps.

i mean the main mario series. yoshi, dk, and wario are counted as their own series.

characters like waluigi, toad, bowser jr is what i'm referring to.

---
wargle gargle
#5bigbangaroniPosted 6/28/2013 11:07:33 AM
Dinoman96 posted...
bellagio23 posted...
Mario has 8 reps.

i mean the main mario series. yoshi, dk, and wario are counted as their own series.

Still when people talk newcomers they include all of them. They are from the same world, and we will definitely get more Mario reps.
#6Dinoman96(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 11:08:57 AM(edited)
i could see dixie kong (or k rool if we're lucky) being added for dk, but i'm saying i wouldn't expect newcomers for the MAIN mario series (the one with the mushroom icon).
---
wargle gargle
#7MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/28/2013 11:14:36 AM
Dinoman96 posted...

Wario was treated as part of his own series in Brawl, so I see no reason why Waluigi wouldn't go that Wario's series as well.
---
Though our government may be tight-fisted,
Its citizens are rather TWSSted.
#8wiiking96Posted 6/28/2013 11:16:04 AM
MetaKirbyFan posted...
Dinoman96 posted...

Wario was treated as part of his own series in Brawl, so I see no reason why Waluigi wouldn't go that Wario's series as well.

Because he's not a Wario character.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#9Dinoman96(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 11:20:02 AM
wiiking96 posted...
MetaKirbyFan posted...
Dinoman96 posted...

Because he's not a Wario character.

bingo.

if waluigi was a major character in wario land or ware, he could of been filed under wario, but as it stands, he's just a character who solely exists for the mario spin-offs.
---
wargle gargle
#10Phantom_NookPosted 6/28/2013 11:24:48 AM
Dinoman96 posted...

He's never been in a Warioware game.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe